anyone know where to get very large (22mm+) hex bits from?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

g.lewarne

anyone know where to get very large (22mm+) hex bits from?

Post by g.lewarne »

i need to tighten my preload in my new rack a touch, and the adjuster is a massive hex socket so i need a similarly large hex bit to fit in it.

Its at least a 22mm, if not more. I cant seem to find any for reasonable proces online. Other alternative is pop down to local harware and buy a selection of large botls+nuts to makesomething i can use with a spanner....

(as in find bolt with correct size head, screw a nut all the way down it and use a spanner on the nut to turn the whole thing)
Slarty wrote:
it's just that we subscrible to the theory of hitting it harder until it works. Or something falls off, in which case you've hit it too hard.
prb

Re: anyone know where to get very large (22mm+) hex bits from?

Post by prb »

when I needed things like that I popped to a truck repair place, gave a hefty deposit to the mechanic borrowed the tool did the job, gave tool back with 4 pack of beer.

cheeky but worked.
g.lewarne

Post by g.lewarne »

prb wrote:when I needed things like that I popped to a truck repair place, gave a hefty deposit to the mechanic borrowed the tool did the job, gave tool back with 4 pack of beer.

cheeky but worked.

good idea, there is a commercial repair place near me might go see them on monday :)
Slarty wrote:
it's just that we subscrible to the theory of hitting it harder until it works. Or something falls off, in which case you've hit it too hard.
prb

Post by prb »

remember to be extra nice, you know what mechanics are like lol.
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

I never lend my tools out. There too bamb expensive :mrgreen:
RST

Post by RST »

22mm isn't a big hex socket or key size!!!

Any industrial supplies place will have that size and bigger -but I aggree with ^^ and go find somewhere locally and borrow something. It's worth a blag -and a few notes wrapped round it when it's taken back or a few tinnies usually does the trick and keeps them sweet next time you need to borrow something!

....I don't lend my tools out either any more which is why I admire anyone who does and make sure there's a tip in it when I take it back.

I borrowed a deep impact socket from the local garage round the corner last autumn -made sure I gave it back to the apprentice who lent it me and made sure he got a few (probably under aged) beers out of it. It was the difference between having a mobile car or stuck so a few quid his way was the cheap option and he was delighted!
swaggansway

Post by swaggansway »

tool hire shoppie m8...think its the same size as the ones that plug the head! you can get massive alen keys m8 try screw fix ( not the datingagency lollin) :lol:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”