dazzz

Track day websites

Post by dazzz »

I'm looking to book a track day soon.

Javelin Trackdays are wanting £109 for an open pit lane day at Oulton Park

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/track ... 1&Itemid=1

Bookatrack are wanting £180 for an open pit lane day at Oulton Park

http://bookatrack.com/-pE_Trackday-Calendar.html

Am i missing something or are Javelin days just a lot cheaper.

Anyone recommend any other companies to look at?
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Re: Track day websites

Post by Jaspa »

I've used Javelin several times in the past, They do tend to be cheaper but can't complain about the service received.

Not done Oulton park yet though.

Stuart
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
MartG

Post by MartG »

Javelin don't state if it's the full circuit or the shorter Island circuit - could be what is causing some of the difference.

Note also that Javelin charge extra for passengers and 2nd drivers, whereas with BaT they're free. I think most trackday companies have varying prices depending on what is included in the base price and what is charged extra.
Steve PH

Post by Steve PH »

There's always a variety in pricing between different organisers, BaT tend to run low numbers on their days and guarantee no queues on open pitlane events so they need to charge more per head to cover the cost. That said, Javelin have got a good reputation as a friendly TDO that run good events.

You also have to consider that BaTs February date at Oulton probably cost a couple grand more on the hire cost than a January date, it's a safe bet that both events were the full International Circuit, there's virtually no trackdays done on the Fosters or Island layouts.

As a blatant self-plug I'll also say that at Trackaction-Online we aim to run good value club trackdays and always have free instruction on our days, I've just posted up our March trackday at Cadwell Park HERE :whistle:

Steve H

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”