Le Mans 2011

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Kieran Williams

Re: Le Mans 2011

Post by Kieran Williams »

Hi everyone,
Unfortunately i will not be able to make it this time..... i have a good reason though!

Lynn is due to give birth to our first child :D

bit of bad planning on my part(should of kept it in my pants for a bit longer :lol: ) on the timing but we will come along in 2012, i hope you all have a great trip, will be thinking of you.

Have a good xmas all

Ki + Lynn
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Sorry, Mike and Jo have already used that excuse, you'll have to come up with another one :lol:

Congratulations to the pair of you :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Kieran Williams

Post by Kieran Williams »

Cheers buddy, hope the cars all good

Ki
unowho

Post by unowho »

Kieran Williams wrote:Hi everyone,
Unfortunately i will not be able to make it this time..... i have a good reason though!

Lynn is due to give birth to our first child :D

bit of bad planning on my part(should of kept it in my pants for a bit longer :lol: ) on the timing but we will come along in 2012, i hope you all have a great trip, will be thinking of you.

Have a good xmas all

Ki + Lynn

Mega congratulations to you both xx
Proud Mk2 owner
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Just found this video on youtube, cant wait for LeMans 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEkYdvYxEMQ

215mph down the Mulsanne Straight!
Enjoy :)
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Can confirm I am going to Le Mans this year, but will be out with a team/drivers/client. I will try and make sure I get numbers etc so I can pop over and say hi. The way I am going should include entry into the drivers lounge etc.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Hey you get to go in the drivers lounge? That sounds amazing!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Finding a cheap ferry is proving problematic. LD Lines don't operate the Dover -> Bolougne route anymore, so I've been looking at Dover -> Calais. P&O have an offer on if booked before 22:00 today if you sail on the 'spirit' ships (i.e. Spirit of Britain or Spirit of France) of £30 each way which is the cheapest I can find it. Saves about £36 in total.

I am looking at
Outbound:
Wed 8th June 2011 08:10
Spirit of Britain

Return:
Tue 14th June 2011 16:00
Spirit of Britain

Today that's £60, tomorrow it's £96. Seafrance is something like £85 and Eurotunnel is £127!

I have booked my ferry, race/parking tickets and accommodation at the Chateau today.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

When I went to the classic I went from Portsmouth - Le Havre (think it was Le Havre :-k ).

Might be worth a look as it will be quicker for you to get there then to Dover, less fuel and you arrive much closer to Le Mans.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I checked out Caen, but it's like a 6hr ferry. I'd rather spend the 6hrs driving! Belting down the toll roads is part of it for me, as long as I don't get done for speeding again.
bigcw

Post by bigcw »

Just spotted this thread, hadn't realised there was an IMOC trip planned.

I'm going in a 20-strong crew this year. I wussed out of taking the MR2 this year as the weather looked a bit dubious, but I'm planning on taking it this year to make up for it. \:D/

This is the best view of the race, by night, crouching behind the armco, on the Mulsanne straight, with a crate of beer. http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video. ... 4540995659

We're on Houx again this year, will have a marquee with beer and TV (showing the race of course!). Look out for a 'South Bucks Crew' banner and my MR2 parked up close by. Any IMOC people are welcome to stop by!

Cheers, Chris
MR2 mk2 |Woodsport V6
Audi RS6 Avant |daily drive
Pug 306 Cabrio |3.0 V6 conversion
Ford XR2 |2.0 Zetec on Megasquirt
Ford XR3 |1.8 Zetec
www.locostbuilders.co.uk
sloopeh

Post by sloopeh »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:John, good to see you will be attending next years event along with Nanna Thom.

Anyone got any good pics of this years event we can add to wet the appetite?

Debs gonna easily need 3 pitches, possibly 4 this year. FYI 1 pitch accommodates 5 people, let us know early so Debs can organise pitches with the chateau.

i am going to try to come again this year and would encourage everyone who is thinking about it to come.

Providing i can get a new car worth the trip i'll be there :) will let you know asap going to see a nice turbo this weekend.

as requested pics from last year at the bottom of this post. for anyone who has never been before it is a great trip - you spend the whole time surrounded by glorious cars. i went having never been on any kind of car event before and i loved it. i went on my own and everyone made me feel welcome.

mad friday was a bit rubbish but in the morning of the same day we went to st saturnin which was awesome

a club member let me drive his supercharger which was also a highlight for me.

i didnt fancy the idea of the crowds of the race itself so i went and watched from 2am to 6am and it was brilliant.

pit walk was pretty cool but mostly i liked the chateau, fishing, swimming etc.

everyone forced me into entering my battered old mk1 into the show at the site too so having a bunch of people you dont know help you clean your car was pretty awesome... :)

i still laugh about my stupid speech as i did the drive through in my car whilst having just downed a bottle of rum with jason and kiran.

st saturnin website which also has pcis of 2010 http://www.classicbw.org/

various pics i took - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sloopeh/se ... 155912971/

me completely off my head driving (i only drove a few yards across the grass... :neutral: )

toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

sloopeh wrote:everyone forced me into entering my battered old mk1 into the show at the site too so having a bunch of people you dont know help you clean your car was pretty awesome... :)

i still laugh about my stupid speech as i did the drive through in my car whilst having just downed a bottle of rum with jason and kiran.

That was hilarious! Thanks for the pics :)
sloopeh

Post by sloopeh »

hopefully see you again this year jon :)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

sloopeh wrote:hopefully see you again this year jon :)

Of course, but Nelson can p1$$ off this year!

sloopeh wrote:Providing i can get a new car worth the trip i'll be there :) will let you know asap going to see a nice turbo this weekend.

Is the £100 MK1 not up to the job then?
sloopeh

Post by sloopeh »

no i sold it. looking to splash out on on something special for this year - got £250 in the budget so should get a minter...
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

lol!

I just had a look and the chateau people have put up their photos from last year: http://picasaweb.google.com/10953636826 ... DuMans2010
unowho

Post by unowho »

It saddens me to put this post up, and I never thought I would say it :pale: ..........but unable to make this years trip :(
Proud Mk2 owner
sloopeh

Post by sloopeh »

it's a shame you are not coming.....

on a positive note - put me down for a 100% definite.. :)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

sloopeh wrote:it's a shame you are not coming.....

on a positive note - put me down for a 100% definite.. :)

That's good! 2 friends from another club have confirmed as well so that's 4 of us, plus Jason and Sheryl... so it's not going to be a quiet one!

Return to “Past Events”