TOM'S T020.... The real thing....

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CardHore

Re: TOM'S T020.... The real thing....

Post by CardHore »

Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:I meant to ask at JAE . .. . .who did your paint job ? .... its mint :thumleft:

Sorry for the late reply. The paint job was carried out by Beautiful Body Repairs in Swanscombe, Kent. Google them and it will come up. They stripped the car down of all panels inc rub strips, glass and more. Real good price too.
dj_Twin_turbo

Post by dj_Twin_turbo »

Wow, imagine my surprise to find a Tom's kitted car in dark grey. I'm definitely planning a colour change to graphite, but am having one hell of a time sourcing the Tom's body parts without having to ship an entire container across the pond. Beautiful car!

In Canada we have the option to buy cars imported from the USA that are 15 years or older. As a result, there's been a big influx of RHD MR2s in our country. I had planned on picking one up, but decided to stick with my LHD car until I convince the wife that I really need a MKII Spider. ( :eye: , :lol: ) As a result, I'm thinking of selling the Tom's master cylinder brace that I have. Unfortunately those who actually have RHD cars around me, and understand the worth of these parts don't have the money to shell out for it. I figured you might be interested.

Here it is among some other Tom's goodies I'm running :D

Let me know if you're interested, first dibs should always go to a fellow Tom's addict ;)
Last edited by dj_Twin_turbo on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
dj_Twin_turbo

Post by dj_Twin_turbo »

oops, double post...
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

Nice one there fella. You def have some valuable parts there. Unfortunately I cannot use the brake stopper, I would have got one long ago but I'm running ABS on my car. I'm always still on the hunt for pieces. I hope you find all the parts you require to build one... failing that you can put in a very lucrative offer for mine and ill start another rarity project lol :lol:

I just bought Gran Turismo 5 and hope to soon get a TOM'S T020 on it and do more photo com comparisons!

I seen to type this car up on Google and now days find links to discussions over this car... awesome stuff \:D/
dj_Twin_turbo

Post by dj_Twin_turbo »

No worries, just figured if anyone was interested, you'd be him! I might just hang on to it in case I ever get another RHD car.

A good, genuine body kit is getting hard to come by... I've seen a few come up for sale in Japan recently, one's I'd pay dearly to get my hands on, but no luck in getting it to me.

If you ever see a rear centre panel grille for a '94+, would you send them my way, or alert me of it? I passed up a NIB one a couple years ago and have been kicking myself since...
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

Too bad you didnt see the grill i had for a 94+ on ebay some months back. Genuine toms with intact mesh. A guy in Germany made me a lucrative offer so he is now the lucky owner. Wish i kept it #-o
bluesmoke

Post by bluesmoke »

dj_Twin_turbo wrote:No worries, just figured if anyone was interested, you'd be him! I might just hang on to it in case I ever get another RHD car.

A good, genuine body kit is getting hard to come by... I've seen a few come up for sale in Japan recently, one's I'd pay dearly to get my hands on, but no luck in getting it to me.

If you ever see a rear centre panel grille for a '94+, would you send them my way, or alert me of it? I passed up a NIB one a couple years ago and have been kicking myself since...

Tell me about it.

I am picking up genuine front and rear bumpers on Saturday though, for the princely sum of £80 the pair.

The front has a smashed corner which will need repairing, but other than that is pretty good. The rear might be scrap from what I've seen, but I will find out when I get there :lol:
dj_Twin_turbo

Post by dj_Twin_turbo »

CardHore wrote:Too bad you didnt see the grill i had for a 94+ on ebay some months back. Genuine toms with intact mesh. A guy in Germany made me a lucrative offer so he is now the lucky owner. Wish i kept it #-o

:-$
marshiboi

Post by marshiboi »

Absolutely gorgeous MR2 loads of hard work gone into that! How hard were the rear light grills to find?
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

Thanks buddy much appreciated. It was a case of just waiting for my luck to come. Then a member posted a link to this one spotted on ebay in California so had it shipped over from there.
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

http://www.mr2.com/forums/mr2-group-buy ... cover.html
Just spotted this for those looking for the grill.
OwenK

Post by OwenK »

Just wanted to say I noticed your car in Asda carpark by Bluewater this evening about 6.30 ish. Was late for dinner with my brother so I couldn't stop but car looked lovely :thumleft: Be good to look over the car properly at a meet sometime.
Last edited by OwenK on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

Hi fella... Indeed twas I grabbing a pizza from ASDA last night, I only just got her back on the road after it was standing on my parents drive for nearly 5 months due to lack of funds. I dont go to meets locally as I dont know of any, perhaps you could point me in the right direction and we can hook up soon?!
OwenK

Post by OwenK »

Well I don't really do meets around there either, I live in Hertfordshire but my parents live near Gatwick so am often passing by Dartford on the lap of the m25. Maybe at one of the bigger meets in the summer - come up to the one at Duxford imperial war museum in august, not a million miles from you and should be fun, it's not a bad drive heading up there either with some fast A-roads.
ggrice

Post by ggrice »

Selling my Tom's front and rear top mounts now if you're interested mate. Could be a good addition to the car??

:arrow: http://www.mr2.ie/mr2-forum/6-buy-swap- ... -brand-new
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

This car is bordering on perfection. I would kill, main and quarter everyone I know for a white one of these. :twisted:

Well done. Are there any before and after pics?
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

Lol cheers mate.... i was so close to having it sprayed white! I have loads of pics ill dig out and upload!
Demoman

Post by Demoman »

Very nice car!

I noticed the sticker "barrel" on the car.
In dutch it means Cheap car build of xxxx hahah.. :P really it does.

But great car!
mattc

Post by mattc »

that is awesome! Ive never seen one of these before :)
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Ready for a photoshoot with that model yet....?

R.

Return to “Member Profiles”