Wheels, Wheels and More Wheels

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

adam_ep82

Wheels, Wheels and More Wheels

Post by adam_ep82 »

Is it me or is it this hard to find a set of wheels for a mr2 that your happy with?

ideally i wanted a decent set of advans with a blue or red lip but they dont come around that often, ive seen some but not in the condition id like.

been looking at alternative options and i feel lost theres just nothing out there.
Rahzel

Re: Wheels, Wheels and More Wheels

Post by Rahzel »

I was after the my perfect set of Buddy club P1's for ages. Having the 16's on my first MR2 they have been my favorite wheel. i have kept them but now built up a double stagger set which i think is bang on for the MR2.

There are loads of wheels out there. I have so many wheels i need to clear them out to be honest. I just don't have the room lol!
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

adam_ep82 wrote:Is it me or is it this hard to find a set of wheels for a mr2 that your happy with?

ideally i wanted a decent set of advans with a blue or red lip but they dont come around that often, ive seen some but not in the condition id like.

been looking at alternative options and i feel lost theres just nothing out there.

Well it all depends on how much your willing to pay realy, or you have to get realy lucky. There are plenty of nice wheels available on yahoo auctions jp, but you need to use a site like bidjdm to get them and then pay the shipping on them from japan.

Also sites like vrwheels have nice used wheels but you'd have to pay shipping from the us.

Another good place to look is driftworks as they always seem to have plenty of stuff for sale.

I got pretty lucky and snagged a set of advan rgs for £250 here but most nice wheels get snapped up pretty quickly here.
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

i quite like the buddy club rg wheels off the website but they all seem to be in 16x7 or 17x8 dont seem to have staggered setups i could use spacers but dont like the idea
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

I fell lucky with my Enkei racing S rim's £80 but had to drive down to Essex for collection.

They arnt staggered unfortunately but over time I may swap around and get 2 different ones so I can run staggered

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

i quite like the Enkei's, but ultimately would love a set of OZ superleggera's. To be honest, any 16 would do, as long as black and not 3 spoke :)
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
asdrewq

Post by asdrewq »

I would love some properly staggered Rays MS01's but have never seen any for sale :(. Admittedly though I have not been looking much. No others have really shouted out to me as looking that great, and imo the mk2 looks wrong when not on 5-spokes 8)
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

Advans are they way forward.... Orange Advans #-o

Failingthat I love Volk F Zeros or Rs Watanabes
Shifty6Speed

Post by Shifty6Speed »

I find the standard 13" wheels off a fiat cinquecento work great with budget "playground rubber slab" compound tyres and when staggered, they just look awesome \:D/ :thumleft: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

Race Idiot wrote:
adam_ep82 wrote:Is it me or is it this hard to find a set of wheels for a mr2 that your happy with?

Well it all depends on how much your willing to pay realy, or you have to get realy lucky. There are plenty of nice wheels available on yahoo auctions jp, but you need to use a site like bidjdm to get them and then pay the shipping on them from japan.

Also sites like vrwheels have nice used wheels but you'd have to pay shipping from the us.

Another good place to look is driftworks as they always seem to have plenty of stuff for sale.

I got pretty lucky and snagged a set of advan rgs for £250 here but most nice wheels get snapped up pretty quickly here.

Had a look at that bidjdm, wheels seem cheap enough and good enough but the postage from jap kills it

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”