Toyota Sprint Series

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

k11cpc

Re: Toyota Sprint Series

Post by k11cpc »

I compete in TSS and live in the South West, the organisers have always said if I find a suitable venue (and that includes costs not just location) they will more than happily set up an event here.

If those in the South West let me know of any venues you have in mind I will see what I can do. It's in my best interest also as I live in Yeovil so know how you feel about the distance to all the events. Once you have been to one event tho I'm sure the distance would become less of an issue as you will be hooked as I am.

Chris
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Some possible SW locations

Llandow
Colerne
Hullavington
Keevil
Castle Coombe

All the above run sprints

Clay Pidegon hill

This is a kart track but its huge and they do allow cars to run on it from what I recall?
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

No problem will have a chat with the guys at Javalin. I'm pretty sure Coombe will be out as it's way to expensive to rent for the day but I will see what I can do.

Chris
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

Bender Unit wrote:
Clay Pidegon hill

This is a kart track but its huge and they do allow cars to run on it from what I recall?

Yarp, they run MSA sprints there through bournemouth motor club.

The SW is better for hillclimb venues, a hillclimb would add a bit of variety to the season.

Mamhead
Wiscombe park
Gurston down
Tregrehan
Five clubs
Bouley Bay
Pestalozzi
Epynt
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Also what about Mallory, Pembry - maybe even Donnigton (they have a mega car park area which gets used for car boots)
vix

Post by vix »

We've been told that too many 'proper' circuits will raise the overall costs - as they are more expensive to hire than the likes of airfields. However if it raises the profile of the Series it may be worth it!

Thanks for everyone's interest and opinions though - it's appreciated.
Gidz

Post by Gidz »

Colerne could be fun, big & flat & a good surface las time I was there.

I went to a sprint at Bovindon Camp about 15 years ago which had some epic eleveation changes & some serious corners :D Only was a bit scary as it was normally used for tank testing so it had quite alot of old oil drums full of concrete at the edge of the track to keep the tanks on it :shock:
k11cpc

Post by k11cpc »

Hi Guys,

This is the closest South West Sprint I could manage to get so hope some of you guys can make it to compete against me or even just to support:

http://www.llandow.com/

The date is 13th August :D

Thanks

Chris

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”