Le Mans 2011

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

AW11 Forever..!

Re: Le Mans 2011

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

1 Deb Watson ( event manager and MK1 Club national events manager )
2 Mike, Joanne and Aston Sheavills
3 Lynda Thom
4 John Griffith
5 Jinxy
6 Dan (blue2) im in 100%
7 Heath Stimpson
8 Dan Morgan
9 Reema & Chris
10 Alison Moffett
11 Graham Crook
12 Scott Barton
13 Chris & Stuart Kynoch

PS there is also a thread going on Facebook, if you aren't added let me know and I'll add you as a friend
MR2 World Community www.michael-sheavills.co.uk
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I've got 2 other people in on the facebook widget, Dan Harris is a bloke I work with who's into his jap motors (because we obviously need more Dans lol), and Phil with the graphic thing for his profile picture is phoenixtat on here. Will be nice if Phil can bring his MR2 as it's GORGEOUS but considering how much I struggled with my ride height it might be a no go.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
blue2

Post by blue2 »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:Dan,

Did you pre book the Kanga TV or just buy it on the day, 55 euros is a fantastic price for what you get, definately worth having it to keep up with the race and commentry.

We stopped in Rouen on way home for lunch, really nice city, need to explore more so going back next year.

Yeah I prebooked it oline, its really easy you just register on the site and then pay. You just need to take the booking ref they email you and the caqrd you paid with online. They take a deposit but not sure how much think its about £50 in case of loss or damage.
I get it just for the live timings, it gives you all the info you need down to whos driving which car and best lap times etc. Was fantastic seeing McNish doing fastest laps 2 hours into his stint. You also get radio lemans too which can be entertaining!

Rouen sounds great, may have to stop there on way back its suprising how little of it you see on the motorway.
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Yea Dan, I hired it last year but it was £80 ! will look out for it next year, its a must as the little Radio Le Mans ear pieces aren't very good, especially not for 15 euros, rip off, just take a radio yourself.

Rearding Rouen, we have a few hotels right in the centre that look out onto the cathedral and square, popped into one and got some info.

I personally invited MR2 Only magazine to 2011 event, I really hope they can make it.
MR2 World Community www.michael-sheavills.co.uk
unowho

Post by unowho »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:I personally invited MR2 Only magazine to 2011 event, I really hope they can make it.

:thumleft: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Proud Mk2 owner
unowho

Post by unowho »

toxo wrote:
AW11 Forever..! wrote:possibly conatct the MR2 Divers Club as they used to attend this event.

Can you get a lot of diving equipment in an MR2 Michael? 8)

Took me a while and a few read's to get that :pale: :lol: :lol:

I've invited a MR2 D'R'iver member :-$ Watch this space........
Proud Mk2 owner
unowho

Post by unowho »

AW11 Forever..! wrote:For 2011 I've decided to travel to Dover on the Sunday and sail on the Monday arriving at the chateau 3pm Monday afternoon, therefore I'll have an extra day pre race, just to fit everything in as we want to go to the zoo, visit St Bernard and attend the St Saturin car show on the Friday as well as pit walk.

Is everyone ok with this or should we do this ourselves??

Nope I'm up for this, wanna do other things too :thumleft:
Proud Mk2 owner
RoadsterBoy

Post by RoadsterBoy »

I hope to be able to make it this year, it just all depends on how my current financial situation plays out... :roll:
unowho

Post by unowho »

RoadsterBoy wrote:I hope to be able to make it this year, it just all depends on how my current financial situation plays out... :roll:

We missed you and your antics :lol: :lol: So start saving now :thumleft:
Proud Mk2 owner
Jhiss

Post by Jhiss »

http://mailing.lemans.org/2010/2010_10_ ... com_gb.pdf

My girlfriend and my son will be with me next year.
So we will come with 2 MR2s.

Really looking forward to meeting you all !

I'm thinking of taking a blackboard with me and spend the time of one or two bears, playing the french teatcher, learning you the basics : say hello, find your way, "the bad words" ... And all you have to know to be a good "Lemon" addict !
Couldn't it be fun ?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Bump! I'm guessing the Sheavills aren't coming any more, and I would've thought the invite to MR2 Only is probably a bit redundant now as well! Reems and Chris I would imagine will be skint too... so who else is coming? :lol:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Good chance I will be there for 2011, in the minor capacity of working with one of the teams! All a little hush hush at the moment. If so, as and when I can release details I will do, might even be able to sneak some people into the pits/onto pit wall for race watching.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Tiamat wrote:Good chance I will be there for 2011, in the minor capacity of working with one of the teams! All a little hush hush at the moment. If so, as and when I can release details I will do, might even be able to sneak some people into the pits/onto pit wall for race watching.

Now that would be interesting... I will see if I can wangle some Peugeot hospitality again!!
unowho

Post by unowho »

I know Jason and Sheryl were up for it, not sure on Ki and Lyn tho.

I'm in 2 minds (never thought I would say that :-# ) but may do a shortened version :pray:
Proud Mk2 owner
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

toxo wrote:Now that would be interesting... I will see if I can wangle some Peugeot hospitality again!!

Watching the racing from the pitwall is the best! The noise can hardly be imagined. Was on it during the 2008 Classic when the Cobras and stuff were going past!
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
unowho

Post by unowho »

Tiamat wrote:
toxo wrote:Now that would be interesting... I will see if I can wangle some Peugeot hospitality again!!

Watching the racing from the pitwall is the best! The noise can hardly be imagined. Was on it during the 2008 Classic when the Cobras and stuff were going past!

Vette's from the pitwall.. \:D/ \:D/
Proud Mk2 owner
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I doubt I'll be going next year now :(

In case no-one got the e-mail, you can buy tickets for this year direct from the ACO as of today (assuming you're not a member and got the early access). If you are going, I'd grab a car park ticket now as there's not many left (white is all gone!).
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Just me then? lol
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Im still going 100% spending some cash on my mr2 over the winter to get it to a better spec. Not been on here for a while! Not taking the beemer again, the mr2 is much more fun! Whos going for definite this year then? Not many by the looks of it?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Me + passenger are 100% attending, at this stage looking like Weds -> Mon. No idea on the others though :lol:

Return to “Past Events”