[Mk2] [Turbo] ECU Upgrade questions

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

willfinch36

[Mk2] [Turbo] ECU Upgrade questions

Post by willfinch36 »

Well so far, only my Rev4 Tubby,

I have done:
Rouge 3" downpipe/de-cat
Mongoose Exhaust
Air filter
NGK Plugs + leads
Rouge engine bay fans
Greddy Intercooler

I want to get a new ECU and get it all mapped up? What are my options? Link G3 or G4? Im not really mechanically minded.

Would I need a new 255L fuel pump?

Also how much power inscrease would I see roughly?

I had my car rolling roaded BEFORE the Greedy I/C was put on, and it made 267bhp...

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Will
easty-5

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] ECU Upgrade questions

Post by easty-5 »

No point unless your gonna be changing more in the future. If your sticking with stock turbo then for the money you will pay the gains aren't really worth it. IMO of course. Get a boost controller on there and get 1.1-1.2 bar flowing and then spend the ECU money on handling mods.
djpkins

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] ECU Upgrade questions

Post by djpkins »

300 at the fly seems to be the level at which standard pistons are ok...above that you will, at some point, need to replace them with forgies as the ringlands will go...unless you are very lucky, even rev 3's run at 1.2 bar will most likely suffer the same damage...A Power FC or any mappable ecu is the way forward for engine longevity and you should be able to get one for £500 ish, try e-bay.au cos they're a bit cheaper over there...of course you've then got to get it mapped to your car, they're not plug and play. There are a few of us on here with plug and play ecu's like Mines ones which are ok but slated for some reason...if you do a search about Mines ECU's on here you will find out exactly what they do for you...alters the timing, removes fuel cut, increases inj cycle etc.

Return to “Electrical”