[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 2 turbo Problem, When ignition key turned car constantly turns over!

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Vampire

[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 2 turbo Problem, When ignition key turned car constantly turns over!

Post by Vampire »

Hi all, iv just replace my Inlet manifold and trying to put the wiring loom at the back of the engine back together.

Now i though i had done this but when i try to turn the ignition key the car trys to fire over constantly!

Iv not cut anything, iv mearly plugged the loom back in, im thinking iv got the alternator wiring wrong?

There is 2 plugs that go to the alternator right? a thick cable that bolts on, and a round plug that clips in.

need help asap with this 1, thanks
LuizeGT

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 2 turbo Problem, When ignition key turned car constantly turns over!

Post by LuizeGT »

i would check the fuses myself as you may just have popped one. is it actually sparking?
Vampire

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 2 turbo Problem, When ignition key turned car constantly turns over!

Post by Vampire »

i turned the car straight off, i dodnt want to kill the starter motor
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

have you connected the earth strap back up that goes to the bottom of the inlet manifold? Even if this earth is loose it will give you problems like your having (Starter motor constantly turning)

:thumleft:
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

i will add another earth strap to it, chassis to manifold, see if that cures it :thumleft:
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

As Steve says there is a harness earth that bolts to the underside of your manifold, this must be off or not tightened up.
Nod

Post by Nod »

I'm also had this when the earth on the passenger side behind the rear seat was not connected.
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

sorted! :thumleft: that pesky earth cable it was.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

nice, I wasted 2 holiday days and a weekend messing around trying to work out why my car wouldnt start / run and it was that earth wire It was only slightly loose as well!! I was so close to just giving up with it and buying another MR2 as I thought my engine went pop or something major.

Also that earth wire if loose can make your starter motor just kick in while your waiting in traffic or even worse while driving!!!

Return to “Electrical”