[Mk2] [Generic] 2GR-FE standalone Engine management option

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

filthy

[Mk2] [Generic] 2GR-FE standalone Engine management option

Post by filthy »

Finally Link have come up with the parameters necessary to run a Toyota 2GR-FE V6.

Their G4 Engine management promised VVTi control of all 4 cams as it had done on other engines but when Thor mapped it last summer it turned out that it coudn't - so for the past 8 months I have had the cams fixed in a single position. Still bloody fast though with about 265 bhp at the hubs.

But after a few attempts by Link (and lots of time/money spent by Thor and myself) it now controls all 4 cams.

I drove it today and the engine has a real snarl at about 5krpm as the cams are being rotated to give more top end power and it feels real racy and angry all the way up to 7krpm. With full VVti Pete at Thor has been able to add more top end power (now 284 at the hubs) and more low down torque.

I'm not sure what the transmission losses are but they must be at least 30 to 40bhp so we are looking at least 320 at the flywheel on a standard engine! And where my old turbo engine sounded like a wet fart, this sounds like a proper thoroughbred.

A standard engine in a Camry gives 272 flywheel bhp so the Rogue manifolds, decat and Link management have given a 50bhp increase.

Thor will be mapping a few Rogue Mk3s with the 2GR so he may find a bit more with each mapping refinement.
raptor95GTS

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] 2GR-FE standalone Engine management option

Post by raptor95GTS »

dunno about the trany losses but aye the 2GR is some beast of a motor. Torquey, powerful and sounds fab. 284 at the hubs is not to be sneezed at :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”