[Mk2] [Turbo] Ebay Lightweight Relocation Oil Cooler Kits??

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Ebay Lightweight Relocation Oil Cooler Kits??

Post by jimGTS »

Chris wrote:
jimGTS wrote:In this instance the OP might of wanted to know where I got mine, in which case I would have said, but thought it was werth while mentioning what kit it was before the question arrived.

So sure, I could of put I have an oil cooler instead of I have a pp oil cooler.

but what's the big deal really?

It come with the car didn't it? The spacer you only found the other day. :-k I'm sure there's not only Andy and I that get bored of hearing PP in every post you make. :thumleft:

yep it came with the car, so i would have said it came with it...
bored, dont make me laugh, lol, you guys clearly are looking out for any post i make that may have a hit of the word. seems your far from bored.
lol

care to go through my last 100 posts or so? no didnt think you would bother, otherwise youd see its far from it. you just choose to read the threads/posts where i may mention it, but ignore the other 99% of my posts on here.
#-o #-o

so i got lucky (in my eyes anyway) with a few choice parts, why arnt i aloud to rave about them, people rave about loads of things on here.
:eye:
Chris

Post by Chris »

What use would "it came with the car" be to the OP...... :eye:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Chris wrote:What use would "it came with the car" be to the OP...... :eye:

#-o
dont be silly, course i would have just said what the item is (if i hadnt of mentioned the make), and mentioned gtschris still has one going on ebay (afaik, perhaps its sold now)....
:eye:
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

jim stop bighting dude lol there messing with you :wink:

anyway a bit off toipic while were all on this thread it came up in convo recently that 8:5:1 c/r wasnt the way to go for running high boost levels but this isnt what i have been told, i was informed that 8:5:1 was perfect for a GT3076 blower at 1.6-2bar, on the other hand i always thort in oreder to run higher boost levels you would have to lower the c/r and stock c/r on a rev3 is 8:5:1 i dont understand how there can be two diffrent points of view on this?

a thread regarding this argument of 8:5:1 c/r

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 0&start=20

whats your thought on this chris andy anyone?

an chris and andy what c/r are you using?
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

The low comp debate is a bit "old school"..cosworth boys run mega low
comp and tons of boost, but more moderm engines like evos manage to run quite high CR and high boost.
I dont even know what mine is lol, CPs with a stock rev3 HG?????
But both me and Chris manage to run upto 2.5 bar with no probs.

Good cooling and a good mapper helps :thumleft:
Built by YVS Performance
Every car that leaves runs 2 bar+
Chris

Post by Chris »

Mine are 86mm CP's 8.5:1. Yours are 86.5mm CP's but not 100% what CR they are. Either way, they are fine as said...

Oh yeah, Love you Jim :wink:
ashley

Post by ashley »

bolton wrote:mocal all the way!! i have one and it wasnt expensive!! does that kit come with a stat?? cold oil= [-X

Which kit did you go for and where did you get it from mate?
Dangerous

Post by Dangerous »

Strange....fensport use 8:5:1cr in thier celica ( I asked em today) if bobs theory is right that it does cause to much heat.. Could this contribute to block failure ? ( I'm on my 3rd ) 2 bar boost on a t04z max lasted 2000miles then went pop!!! Engine builder seems to think that it will make less power with lower compression...
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

there seams to be alot of diffrent views on the theory on low comp high comp on the 3S-GTE engine but as said its down to the cooling factors and mapping, and i would of given up by now buddy ones enought stress for me let alone 3 :shock:
but to be hounest 2+bar is asking for trouble imo as most engine components wair out extremly fast do to these high pressures, why dont you try a more safe 1.6?
also what intake temps are you seing? as iv also been told by fens and others that anything obove 40' is a big [-X
have you or are you using W/I that may be a good fail safe buddy :thumleft:
Chris

Post by Chris »

The block cracking or not is purely luck of the draw. You either get a good one or a bad one. However, mapping must play a part in it. My car has run over 2Bar of boost for over 3 years! I have no low boost settings and it's done a million drag runs and the block is fine.

Neither myself or Andy have split a block. :-k I currently run 2.5 Bar on a 35R. So far so good. Oh and the engine is still the same one as it's always been...Not been rebuilt :thumleft:

JJ has had a few blocks measured. They were all blocks that had split. The results were very suprising. Extremely thin between 2 and 3. All the blocks had split there.
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

very true it does seem to be the luck of the draw, i rearly hope im as lucky as you chris, but i no my luck so i have spare block on stand by just incase, i no when dave asks me if i want to go up to 2bar i will most likely take the gamble :twisted:
Dangerous

Post by Dangerous »

GTS GAV wrote:there seams to be alot of diffrent views on the theory on low comp high comp on the 3S-GTE engine but as said its down to the cooling factors and mapping, and i would of given up by now buddy ones enought stress for me let alone 3 :shock:
but to be hounest 2+bar is asking for trouble imo as most engine components wair out extremly fast do to these high pressures, why dont you try a more safe 1.6?
also what intake temps are you seing? as iv also been told by fens and others that anything obove 40' is a big [-X
have you or are you using W/I that may be a good fail safe buddy :thumleft:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/quote]The block cracking or not is purely luck of the draw. You either get a good one or a bad one. However, mapping must play a part in it. My car has run over 2Bar of boost for over 3 years! I have no low boost settings and it's done a million drag runs and the block is fine.

Neither myself or Andy have split a block. I currently run 2.5 Bar on a 35R. So far so good. Oh and the engine is still the same one as it's always been...Not been rebuilt

JJ has had a few blocks measured. They were all blocks that had split. The results were very suprising. Extremely thin between 2 and 3. All the blocks had split there[/quote].

Well Ive had me new rev 5 block x-rayed and its defo thicker between 2 and 3.... :D
Although its thinner in some places than the rev3 block... #-o seems to me that toyota did a poo job of casting these blocks :roll: ...the rev3 block was thicker in places than the rev2 block that was also done at the same time....the original block cracked between 1 and 2 so it was sleeved...then it cracked between 2 and 3 right at the top near the water jacket... however I'm still not 100% convinced it wasnt the machining of the block (to put the sleeves in) that made too thin around the water jacket area as that it actually split from there up the sleeve...(although i was told other wise...)

Boost wise i was running 1.6 bar low and 2.0 bar high.......inlet temps were max 47'c on 2 bar boost for only a second then it was 38 40ish normally...(dont forget though it was about 28'c when it was mapped outside!!)

Im still going for water inj, along with every other possible idea i can think of to keep temps down in the future... If it fails again i'm going to kill myself...or take it off the road for another year and spend another 3k and use a 5s block eventually.......long term project??....ive already been doing it for 10 years!!! :mad: :cry:

It was mapped by lyndon so no worries thier dudes if he's good enough for nathan then he good enough for me !! :thumleft:
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

very good info on the block there buddy :clap: , and 9years if i were you i would if put i bullet in my head a long time ago :lol:
i wish you luck with this one buddy hopfully i dont suffer the same fate as you have.

also have you a project thread?
Last edited by GTS GAV on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dangerous

Post by Dangerous »

GTS GAV wrote:very good info on the block theres buddy :clap: , and 9years if i were you i would if put i bullet in my head a long time ago :lol:
i wish you luck with this one buddy hopfully i dont suffer the same fate as you have.

also have you a project thread?

10 years this april dude !!....i dont wish any one the same luck ive had....

Project thread would take tooooo long... put it this way ive spent 27k so far over the last decade and i still havent done the body work (im a painter by trade...), Big brakes....., or suspension overhaul (bushes ARB's etc ) and the interior!!! its never ending...... :roll:
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

i feel your pain dude if you get time upload some pics :thumleft:
and my build started out at a 6k build i have already polished off 22k and another 3odd to go, meh its only money you can find it growing on trees and in pots with little men dressed in green :lol:
iv been doing my build for 9munths now and im rearly at the end of my teather with it all my friends and family think my hobbies is a seriously unhealthy obsession and becoming increasingly pi$$ed off with me yabaring on about parts,engines and in genral mr2's i bet you already have a gun cocked ready and waiting :mrgreen:
Dangerous

Post by Dangerous »

GTS GAV wrote:i feel your pain dude if you get time upload some pics :thumleft:
and my build started out at a 6k build i have already polished off 22k and another 3odd to go, meh its only money you can find it growing on trees and in pots with little men dressed in green :lol:
iv been doing my build for 9munths now and im rearly at the end of my teather with it all my friends and family think my hobbies is a seriously unhealthy obsession and becoming increasingly pi$$ed off with me yabaring on about parts,engines and in genral mr2's i bet you already have a gun cocked ready and waiting :mrgreen:

Sounds a familiar story dude... :lol: 8)
Its not all been bad though...Ive had 2 full 6 page articles in jap performance and banzai and i some how managed to win the imoc jae show and shine 2008.....and ive met some good people on the journey too... :thumleft:
ashley

Post by ashley »

:shock: Wo guys- that's some serious cash!

Kinda puts my concerns about spending anymore on mine into context, I'm not as deep in as either of you and was questioning whether to break it to get back what I can...but in the end couldnt bare to.

She's now going to be re-incarnated and I'm finally excited about it again instead of just feeling sick about what happened to the previous build...you just gotta keep the faith I guess :lol:
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

similar figures here too. Kept a spreadsheet from the start which was probaly a bad idea lol. It would only have been blown on something else though so i'm glad to almost have something to show for it lol.
Gott have a hobby right!
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Dangerous

Post by Dangerous »

ashman wrote::shock: Wo guys- that's some serious cash!

Kinda puts my concerns about spending anymore on mine into context, I'm not as deep in as either of you and was questioning whether to break it to get back what I can...but in the end couldnt bare to.

She's now going to be re-incarnated and I'm finally excited about it again instead of just feeling sick about what happened to the previous build...you just gotta keep the faith I guess :lol:

Amen guys keep the faith....I'm glad u didn't break urs ashman it's a nice motor...and I hope it lasts this time aswel...I'll be keeping an eye out to see if I should still be worried....no doubt I'll see you around....if u get me???!!
ashley

Post by ashley »

Oh yes- you gotta have a hobby alright, and you're right Ant- at least you got something to show for it...can't wait to see what your motor does with some real boost through it!!

Dangerous wrote:Amen guys keep the faith....I'm glad u didn't break urs ashman it's a nice motor...and I hope it lasts this time aswel...I'll be keeping an eye out to see if I should still be worried....no doubt I'll see you around....if u get me???!!

Cheers buddy- yeah, I would never have forgiven myself if I had broken it...and probably would have ended up just doing another one eventually anyway!!

Yeh- sure I'll see you round mate :eye:

Return to “Modifications”