The Future Of Gaming...

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_mr2t

Re: The Future Of Gaming...

Post by matt_mr2t »

Going back to 3D gaming, some one absolutely HAS to look into this and make it common place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

that vid is a few years old. but its good fun to mess about with if u have a modded wii
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

H3RB wrote:that vid is a few years old. but its good fun to mess about with if u have a modded wii

Imagine how great it would be though if some one spent the time to make games, proper games, that work on that theory.

I think it would blow your mind if you were playing a 1st person shooter and by moving your head your view changes in full 3 dimensions.
Or being in the drivers seat of a car and being able to really look around.
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

That has to become the next logical step well found matt, until 3D tv`s are common place. Although i wonder if this natal xbox project could do sometinhg similar :-k
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Obviously the limitation is that it only works for 1 person.
Although if they encorporated it with the screen from the Landrover on Top Gear perhaps it could go 2 ways.

Perhaps I should get a patent on my idea's :lol:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

You can already get 3d glasses that have a screen built in so when you turn your head the screen changes.

I think.
Rev 3 GTS
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

Imagine, 3d glasses playing MW2 with a treadmill to "run" on, I'd only last about 3 mins then I'd be knackered!
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t wrote:
H3RB wrote:that vid is a few years old. but its good fun to mess about with if u have a modded wii

Imagine how great it would be though if some one spent the time to make games, proper games, that work on that theory.

I think it would blow your mind if you were playing a 1st person shooter and by moving your head your view changes in full 3 dimensions.

you already can, its pc only atm and has been for a few years. you have a sensor that you attatch to some glasses that the web cam pics up then u turn your head to look around on screen etc, works with most fps and driving games.
there is also a controller that basically looks like a big ball that you can attach different handles to, so if you play a fps you have a hand grip with a trigger this is then you aimer so no more excuses for bad aiming with a mouse or pad lol
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

H3RB wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

you already can, its pc only atm and has been for a few years. you have a sensor that you attatch to some glasses that the web cam pics up then u turn your head to look around on screen etc, works with most fps and driving games.
there is also a controller that basically looks like a big ball that you can attach different handles to, so if you play a fps you have a hand grip with a trigger this is then you aimer so no more excuses for bad aiming with a mouse or pad lol

Thats what I meantioned earlier I think, but not really the same as what I was getting at above. By moving your head the view will change, but it'll still be a 2D image. The Wii thing alters the image when you move so you can 100% see all 3 dimensions. Put your hand between your face and your monitor, hold it there and then move your head side to side. As you move your view of the monitor behind it changes. Thats proper 3D viewing and to me, thats what the Wii thing I posted does.

Return to “Games Consoles”