Exclusive MR2 Track Day Weekender - 17/18 Oct

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sketch

Re: Exclusive MR2 Track Day Weekender - 17/18 Oct

Post by sketch »

System-G wrote: just don't try church at 90+mph in the damp/wet like Jo once did with Cassie in the car... 8-[

Lol I remember that !! :lol: Took all my bottle to just hold on and stay quiet. :oops:

Sooo excited, cant wait but so nervous too 8-[ :lol:
System-G

Post by System-G »

sketch wrote:
Took all my bottle to just hold on and stay quiet. :oops:

Thing is...

This time you'll be driving that corner 8) :thumleft:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

System-G wrote:
sketch wrote:
Took all my bottle to just hold on and stay quiet. :oops:

Thing is...

And I'll be in the passenger seat. :shock: :lol:
sketch

Post by sketch »

Limeymk1 wrote:

System-G wrote:Thing is...

And I'll be in the passenger seat. :shock: :lol:

I'll pack some spare undies :twisted:
Hepatic

Post by Hepatic »

hello everyone \:D/

i'm Steve, or "Phils Mate" to tie in with the accommodation list! i'm looking forward to joining you all this weekend, should be great fun. i'm usually marshalling at anglesey (as well as oulton) and despite being there many times i've never actually been in a car round the circuit, so anyone kind enough to allow me a passenger ride will get many thanks from me especially.

i have driven a formula ford round the old circuit but am really looking forward to seeing radar from a drivers eye view - it scares the hell out of me as a marshal! i'll also be bringing my video + still cameras, hopefully we can secure the video to Phil's motor and get some mementos of the weekend.

looking forward to meeting ya'll

another weather link (rarely fails me!) > http://www.750mc.co.uk/weather-anglesey.php
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

Hi Steve!

see you at the weekend!

There will be an empty passenger seat in my car on the sunday if your up for it :shock:
System-G

Post by System-G »

Hey Steve,

Welcome aboard :thumleft:

Sadly Radar is no longer on the new layout. Although it does get used for the odd MSA sprint or rally stage held at the circuit, but it doesn't include the approach to it, which kinda defeats the whole thing about Radar that made Radar.

I was gutted that the circuit didn't incorporate the original circuit when they redeveloped as they easily could of.

Ho hum, new circuit is just as wicked though with Rocket in/out, Peel, Cork-Screw, School and Chrurch :thumleft:

I'll gladly take you out for passenger laps if I get a chance to actually drive this weekend.

We'll be leaving shortly so hope to drop into the circuit early/mid afternoon and get a few laps in then too (we can because of staff status with BaT :mrgreen: ).

If anyone needs to get in contact - call me :thumleft:

See y'all later :thumleft:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Hepatic

Post by Hepatic »

i'm a muppet, i meant rocket and typed radar!! ](*,) you have no idea what rocket is like until you watch a race from there, get a bit of rain and it might as well be called target for all the cars that pile in to the tyrewall in front of the box. don't rely on them to cushion an off either - tractor tyres filled with earth don't move so much even when a saxo hits them at 70!

weather here is cracking, hope anglesey offers the same bright skies and sunshine.
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

if i arrive with a full tank (or after filling up at the last available station) will i still need to go for more before the day is out if i dont bring extra in a jerry can?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Quigonjay wrote:if i arrive with a full tank (or after filling up at the last available station) will i still need to go for more before the day is out if i dont bring extra in a jerry can?

Depends on how much time you spend on circuit. I'd generally say that you would use just over a tank, but you can always pop out ast lunchtime or whenever to get fuel.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Just leaving now- see you guys tomorrow 8)
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

see you there guys
i think i'm ready, new rear calipers and fluid change, oil and filter change, r888's fitted, fire exstinguisher and cg lock fitted, steering wheel fitted straight
should have done the pads too but was only going to do that if i went with the r888's which i only did at the last minute, i have yet to feel brake fade in this car as i always keep my brakes in top condition and have only done 1 airfield day, i guess i'm going to experience it tommorrow though
funny how much lighter the steering wheel feels going back to 15's, i dont remember an increase when i went up to 16's :-k
starmist

Post by starmist »

Just got back from Angelsey and had a brilliant time. Me(rev5 turbo) and my dad in his RS4 both got in plenty of tracktime and our confidence grew as the day progressed, using the full GP circuit in the afternoon was an added bonus.
A big thanks to everyone who helped organise this. :clap:
starmist

Post by starmist »

starmist

Post by starmist »

Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

totally agreed, absolutely fantastic day, thanks to all involved :clap:

my first intro to a proper track couldnt really have gone any better
the weather was fantastic, warm and sunny, walking round in just tshirt most of the day
soon as i got there it was a win win situation as i was expecting to do the club circuit in the morning and then pay extra to do the national circuit in the afternoon if there was a spot available
that ^ is how it went in the morning but in the afternoon we all got to go on the international circuit for no extra \:D/
the track is ace, really want to go back there sometime

the car behaved brilliantly, loving the way it grips/handles with the new r888's, so confidence inspiring, so much so that i had a 720 degree off at the fastest part of the course :pale:
proper brown trouser moment :lol:

unfortunately, just discovered all my footage has a nice buzzing noise instead of sound and that i didnt even get the spin, really succesfull days videoing ](*,) :lol:

nice to meet a few of the other guys too, scott, john, kevin, tom in his rickety old blue thing :mrgreen: and a a few whos names escape me, couple of guys in silver rev3 na, guy + girlfriend in another silver rev3 na (was she a bit freaked out when she went on track? :-k ), guy in the white stripped out na (very quick na indeed) and the guy i gave a passenger ride too at the end, hope my driving wasnt too boring :lol:
was nice to meet all of you, oh and kisowas is it? (at least i remembered your forum name :lol: )

i didnt take many pics but here is what i did take
whats going on with these tyres? are they fubared already?

apart from one of the na's i missed (guy + gf) and one or two mk1's in the backround of those last two pics thats about all the mr2's that were present

wasnt such a lucky day for this guy :(

thats two trackdays i have done now (this and the airfield day) and both times i have seen accidents, i am told it is very rare on track though :-k 8-[

wasnt really much that surprised me on track, boxster driver had me complaining within 10 minutes of my first session for not letting people past :lol: (no change there then :mrgreen: )
i'm surprised i didnt get a talking too for my off as the guys in the silver rev3 had an off and had to go and see someone hahahahaha :lol:
all the caterfields where mega as usual, got taken by a mk1 so i'm really hoping it was a mk1.5 :lol:
the black teg ^^ was a surprise, was really hard to shake him off
didnt get taken by any lotuses but i took a few so i'm happy \:D/
roll on the next one
ashley

Post by ashley »

That was a great day- Anglesey is an amazing track- can't wait to get back there!

Was good to see so many quality 2's out as well- good show guys :thumleft:

Quigonjay wrote: guy + girlfriend in another silver rev3 na (was she a bit freaked out when she went on track? :-k

In a word...yes! It was my other half's 3rd time driving an MR2, and her first time on a track: she was bricking it! In fairness in the 10 laps she drove the improvement was massive, but I did think we were gonna get black flagged for going a bit too slow :lol:

Quigonjay wrote: boxster driver had me complaining within 10 minutes of my first session for not letting people past

That was hilarious- we came in after the first 15 minutes or so and you were raging about the porsche :lol: It's true he wasn't pulling over for the queue of cars behind him though...

A couple of pics

And me getting chased by an angry Noble- man those cars can mooooove :twisted:

Can't wait to get out again, was really impressed how my car handled- I was driving well within her limits but had managed to gain some pace by the end of the day.

How did you guys that had some tuition find it- was it worth the cash?
sciroco

Post by sciroco »

What an excellent day.

It was nice to put some faces to names.

I was behind Quigonjay when he span out, very scary :shock:
Thanks for the comment about my car, (guy in the white stripped out na (very quick na indeed).

I killed my tyres (r888) :cry: .

The next step will be some more suspension mods I think :D .

Cant wait till the next one, thanks to all who helped with the organising.

anna

Post by anna »

Had a top weekend :thumleft:
Thanks Garrick for sorting accomodation/trackday. Thanks Scott for bringing the entertainment. And thanks to everyone for such great company :clap:

I had an absolutely stonking time in the lotus... Alex missed out.

I hope those who came out for passenger laps enjoyed it - sorry for making you feel ill Scott (you big girl :P )
GO60 - Gaydon to Singapore Overland www.go60sharing.co.uk
Off soon! Follow my personal blog at http://go60.blogspot.com
ashley

Post by ashley »

sciroco wrote:I was behind Quigonjay when he span out, very scary :shock:

Where was that? Not going up the hill up to Rocket? :shock: :shock:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”