[Mk2] [Turbo] Arc Box Fitting - Help Needed

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Moo

[Mk2] [Turbo] Arc Box Fitting - Help Needed

Post by Moo »

Have just tried to fit my new Arc Box but can't get it to go in.

I notice in these pictures there are rubber grommets attached to the brackets that secure the box to the car. I didn't get these grommets in the kit, only the bolts and brackets.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... ht=arc+box

Does anybody know if these grommets are supposed to be in the kit or am I supposed to be using the ones that held the original airbox in place? (I don't have my old airbox anymore)

Cheers
steve

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Arc Box Fitting - Help Needed

Post by steve »

the grommets dont come as part of the kit, i reused the ones from the standard box when i fitted mine.
Moo

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Arc Box Fitting - Help Needed

Post by Moo »

Thanks for confirming that :thumleft: It looks like one of the original airbox bolts is also used during the fitting and even though there's 3 brackets that attach to the Arc box the kit only comes with 2 bolts. So on top of nearly £400 this Arc box cost I now need to spend more to get the extra bits I need to fit the bloody thing :roll:

It's a bit annoying they don't supply these with the kit considering how expensive it was and rather presumtious of the makers to assume you'd still have the original airbox fitted.

Even more annoying is that I sold and posted my Apexi kit today so am now stuck without an air filter until I get the bits I need to post the Arc box ](*,)

Return to “Modifications”