Rev 1, 2 & 3 Fuel Rail Question

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

W88NEE

Rev 1, 2 & 3 Fuel Rail Question

Post by W88NEE »

Hi People,

I know someone will know the answer as there are many Guru's on here.

I have a Rev1 and am upgrading the injectors to the Rev3, which I understand is a straight swap.

With regards to the fuel rail, is it recommended that we try and uprate this aswell, if so can the Rev2/3 fuel rail directly replace the rev1 or can it be modified. Is it worth the hassle of modyfing the later rev2/3 rails to fit?

I would love to get some idea on what is the best.

Thanks in advance

Wayne
^Trickster^

Re: Rev 1, 2 & 3 Fuel Rail Question

Post by ^Trickster^ »

the rev 1 and 2 are the same, rev 3 is different and will not fit the rev 1 or 2 head (the spacing is different)

You need a uprated side feed rail or a bored out rev 1/2 rail, I would not fit larger injectors into the rev 1/2 rail without at least boring it, it has crap flow and relatively high pressure drop across it

Graeme
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

not something youd notice with a stock fuel pump, but with an uprated fuel pump it has certainly been proven that there is a pressure drop across the rail.

i bought a bored out ATS racing fuel rail for my old rev2 turbo when i went to 540s and had a walbro fuel pump.

do a search on here for ats fuel rail and you may come across my install thread for the part....
Lee @ 3S Service Centre

Post by Lee @ 3S Service Centre »

550's are fine in the stock rev 1 and 2 rail. i wouldnt like to use anything bigger though.
W88NEE

Post by W88NEE »

Thanks for the info and advice, as always I give you a thumbs up, appreciate it, thank you

:thumleft:
al/c

fuel rail

Post by al/c »

you can get a bored out rail that will take 540,s & larger injectors. check out the ad , inside back page of mr2 only mag \:D/

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”