[All] [Turbo] New mod (something a bit different) VIDEO added!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

djpkins

Re: [All] [Turbo] New mod (something a bit different) VIDEO added!

Post by djpkins »

I'm still in awe of it man...what a stupendous mod...monumentally mental...I'm gonna see if I can get my twin Departure welded so as the exits will poke out of the side and cut holes in the rear skirt thing...get a clip of it belching fury on you tube man... :clap: :clap: :clap:
tubby_mr2

Post by tubby_mr2 »

my ear is still numb
Chris

Post by Chris »

Try having a straight through 4" with screamer mounted on the side Ian. That's deafening :lol: :thumleft:
tubby_mr2

Post by tubby_mr2 »

lol bet its worth it though a?
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

you side exit lot are propper boys...best mod i've ever seen lads...wtf is a screamer pipe.lololol...fck..want one of those to...this has really made my day :clap: :D :D :clap:
ccfc_harwood

Post by ccfc_harwood »

so it doesnt matter how loud my car is it will still pass an mot?
cool look by the way :thumleft:
bet it confuses the hell out of ppl who dont like modding lol :clap:
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Chris wrote:Try having a straight through 4" with screamer mounted on the side Ian. That's deafening :lol: :thumleft:

Chris do you get exhuast gases coming into the car?? Mine stinks if the car is not moving very quickly :shock:

My right arm stinks loads after a run lol

Might have to slightly changed my side skirt as the paint is starting to melt and the smell is messing my head up :twisted: :lol:

Not sure about the exhuast they might just be funny about how loud it is, with a bung in a think mine will be fine.

Cheers for all the comments people, shame you cannot hear it....it really is mental!!!!!
mk2too

Post by mk2too »

Get a video up matey! Be nice to hear what that thing sounds like! doesn't look likes theres much in the way of silencing so im sure your deaf by now!
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

guys...can you have it ceramic heat shielded? there is talk of it on the banned site, you can have it done to keep heat in or out but I'm not sure if the zorst gets too hot...can have different colours aswell if thats your bag...lol...chicken oriental man... :clap: mad essex dude...what is a screamer pipe? does it need a belcher valve? breathing in exhaust fume will give you trumpet eyeball.
adam3442

Post by adam3442 »

Not sure if this is of any use to you but it is basically an electric valve that allows you at the flick of a switch to change from two different exhaust systems on one car.

I.e. The switch one way you have a track day friendly, Police friendly exhaust, hit the switch the other way and you have an animal of an exhaust ideal for Santa Pod and scaring small children.

www.ratsport.co.uk wrote:Powered Electric Exhaust Cut Out Valve Kit

Universal fit powered exhaust valve kit

Kit consists of:
Y Piece: 304 stainless 3” (76mm) Outside Diameter, 10” (255mm) long. TiG welded with flange to take powered butterfly valve
Butterfly Valve: CNC machined 6061 T6 aluminum plate 1/2" thick, operating on central 304 stainless steel spindle .375” diameter with needle bearings controlling the 304 stainless butterfly. Socket head stainless fastenings used throughout
Butterfly Valve Motor: Sealed waterproofed 12V motor with bumpstop. Complete with flylead. Opens and closes in under 3 seconds
Butterfly Valve Operation Switch: Waterproofed 2 way spring-back momentary switch with central off position. In line fuse holder & fuse
Fittings: 304 stainless, 3” OD, 45 degree 6.5” long post-valve extension pipe. Stainless flange. Mikalor exhaust clamp.

Answers to some frequently asked questions:

Does it come with instructions? As with all race parts this kit does not come with instructions as fitting depends on your specific application. It should however be able to be fitted in a few hours by a competent mechanic. The electric supply requires only 2 connections – earth and power.

What is the warranty: 12 months as all our products. For road or race use. What if it goes wrong after the warranty period? The only element that is likely to go wrong is the valve assembly as that is the only moving part. We sell these separately.

I have a V8. Do I need 2? If your exhaust is 2 separate systems (connected only by a balance bar) then yes you probably will. You could run with just 1 side open but this will tend to unbalance the engine (especially if you have a performance scavenging type manifold fitted) as well as making the car sound like an out of tune 4 cylinder.

With the valve completely closed how much gas escapes? As the butterfly sits on a flange either side then when it closes it does so completely and abuts against the flange

Does the valve need to be fully open or fully closed? No you run with it as partially open as you want – you control the degree of power & volume.

I plan to fit the motor underneath the car so it is going to be pretty exposed, that OK? Yes its dirt & water sealed.

Can you supply in a different size than 3”? No sorry. We built it as 3” as this it is rare to come across a vehicle exhaust larger than 3” so gas flow on the largest systems will not be diminished. If you need a reducer sleeve then they are readily available, including from ourselves here.

How smooth is the flow in the Y piece. I’ve seen some “performance exhausts” which are rough inside and disturb smooth gas flow. So have I. This is very smooth. All internal welds are filed flat and the unit each unit is hand finished internally.

I’m a trader. Can you do a trade discount? Yes we can discount any of our products if you take 10 or more of each product.

Price: £229.00 / $352.66

:thumleft: [/img]
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

crazy
:thumleft:
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Gee Man wrote:

Haha, you know you qualify as a hardcore Petrolhead when you can say that :lol:

Looks great Dan :thumleft:
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Kongaroo wrote:
Gee Man wrote:

Haha, you know you qualify as a hardcore Petrolhead when you can say that :lol:

Looks great Dan :thumleft:

LOL

I'm going to make up a deflector that will stop air getting into the exhuast but mainly to change the flow of gases so I can breath again when I drive slowly!!! I will get a video of it up tomorrow if I get chance :-)
splintermcinnes

Post by splintermcinnes »

Gee Man wrote:LOL

I'm going to make up a deflector that will stop air getting into the exhuast but mainly to change the flow of gases so I can breath again when I drive slowly!!! I will get a video of it up tomorrow if I get chance :-)

I was gona mention about wind deflection! As awsome as that mod is, with it being in the middle of the air intake will you not get issues with back pressure on the turbine?? Could lead to early thrust bearing faliure?

Still awsome idea! Get a vid up. :thumleft: 8)
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I had a girlfriend for 4 months and she never even came in my room lol.

practice then mate - they make funny noises when they do :oldtongue:
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

air/fume deflector is getting sorted on monday along with the flange so that should sort out 3 issues :lol:

I will do the video tomorrow =P~
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

gee man...have you set fire to anyone yet m8... :clap:
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

djpkins wrote:gee man...have you set fire to anyone yet m8... :clap:

lol so far its set fire to my side skirt :shock:

I am getting the tail pipe changed tomorrow as the fumes are still a huge issue when i open the windows :evil: ](*,)

It does sound mental on boost :D

As soon as its all sorted ill get a video up i promis!
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

lolololol...rol...awesome...i gonna get one man...i live on a farm,gonna roast some ducks and chickens with it...maybe take the goat out to..lolol.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

LOL
Are you going 2 jap show?? Me and a few mates r going up Sunday morning if you want 2 come with us mate as your in Essex??i'll show you some flames!!! :-) we are meeting at south mims
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

Straight pipe would be better lol

Return to “Modifications”