identify yourself

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

crazylegs

identify yourself

Post by crazylegs »

i expect this will be moved or deleted. i know this has been said many times but is it not a good idea to add your model to the subject. a simple mk1,mk2,turbo or anything that identifies the car. i know nothing about the turbo cars or any mk2 and it would save loads of time if i didnt keep looking at post that have no relevance to me.
is this just me or do others have the same thoughts?
kaiowas

Re: identify yourself

Post by kaiowas »

crazylegs wrote:i expect this will be moved or deleted. i know this has been said many times but is it not a good idea to add your model to the subject. a simple mk1,mk2,turbo or anything that identifies the car. i know nothing about the turbo cars or any mk2 and it would save loads of time if i didnt keep looking at post that have no relevance to me.
is this just me or do others have the same thoughts?

From my experience it seems that most MR2 forums are dominated by mk2 discussion as they are a very popular car at the moment. I guess us mk1 owners just have to accept that and assume that anything that doesn't specify will probably refer to a mk2
Born2Run

Post by Born2Run »

Makes sense. I know a bit about cars but have opened a few posts that I thought were relevant only to find they related to a mk1. Guess if you were new to mr2's it would be even worse.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I really wish people would be more descriptive in their titles too. Putting in the mark would be a good idea and describing what the post is about would save all of us loads of time.

Most seem to do this now, but there are still a lot of post titles that give you no clue as to what it might be about.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Lauren wrote:I really wish people would be more descriptive in their titles too. Putting in the mark would be a good idea and describing what the post is about would save all of us loads of time.

Most seem to do this now, but there are still a lot of post titles that give you no clue as to what it might be about.

I have looked at ways of making it required to do...now that premium members is live I will have more time to look into stuff like this.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

poyntesm wrote:
Lauren wrote:I really wish people would be more descriptive in their titles too. Putting in the mark would be a good idea and describing what the post is about would save all of us loads of time.

I have looked at ways of making it required to do...now that premium members is live I will have more time to look into stuff like this.

there could just be a tiny symbol next to the title to indicate what catagory, ie, mk1, mk2, mk2t, mk3.
only has to be small

??

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”