[Mk2] [NA] MR2 with 150dB train horns.....

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Razor04

Re: [Mk2] [NA] MR2 with 150dB train horns.....

Post by Razor04 »

heh heh heh could have a proper laugh with those :lol:
top marks for effort man, fitting a full on air compressor in the frunk to run 'em far out dude :thumleft:

we'll have to do a group buy on these :-k
Mr2'less
RST

Post by RST »

Could you mount them backwards on the rear bumper and use them as a power booster :tumbleweed:

...they're nuts! "'a pitty the fool" who steps out in front of you now!
silverhawk160

Post by silverhawk160 »

Jesus christ, that would deffo scare the xxxx out of me . I`d reframe from doing it driving past anyone ove 50 year old, give em a heart attack :evil:
Olly P

Re: Video of train horns on the Mr2

Post by Olly P »

chalkiepete wrote:I just got the alternator sorted on the MR2......So ~i went out for a quick play with the train horns!

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h138/ ... V00412.flv

Awesome. I'm gonna be laughing my head off on Saturday :lol:
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

Baker wrote:why??

WHY indeed............. some people get their kicks from champane, Some people do drugs, some people drink, some people smoke...........and some sad sicko people enjoy scaring the cr*p outta normal people :cyclops: :clown: :clown: :clown:
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

Hi,

Well we had our Tunnel run on Saturday.....what a turn out!!! loads of nice MR2's there....... I spent two days turning my old faded pink two into a half decent looking car. I love Mequires 3 system kit!!!

I added a few bits to the car and done loads of little niggly jobs...... I also sourced from a mate of mine a Advest 777 double din unit with 6 CD changer & built in TV.......

This is how she looked after two days slog!

Oh and them TUNNELS were ringing from the sound of the horns!!!
si324mr2

Post by si324mr2 »

yeh i can vouch they were bloody loud i was in my mates gt4 as my mr2 had blown headgasket an can say that they scared the poo outta us quiet a few times :lol:
Frustrated Pilot

Post by Frustrated Pilot »

lol

I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THESE !!

:twisted: :twisted:

on the ebay website it says "When the novelty starts to wear off customers ask how to turn the sound down"

LOL

is it hard to fit?

my horn doesnt work anyway and was thinking of improing it since i will be near all the wiring :P

im up for a group buy!!!

(after i got me a job..... :tumbleweed: )
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

Frustrated Pilot wrote:lol

on the ebay website it says "When the novelty starts to wear off customers ask how to turn the sound down"

LOL

is it hard to fit?

my horn doesnt work anyway and was thinking of improing it since i will be near all the wiring :P

im up for a group buy!!!

Hmmmmm novelty wearing off?????? No chance!!!!! I want louder now, have seen the ones I want....... Three times louder than wot I have......

They are kinda easy to fit, when I had them on the subaru, I had the compressor in the boot and horns at the front...........Now with the TWO, the compressor is almost ontop of the horns, therefore resulting in a quicker response & crisper TONE!

Still makes me smile when I hear these things go off!
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

si324mr2 wrote:yeh i can vouch they were bloody loud i was in my mates gt4 as my mr2 had blown headgasket an can say that they scared the poo outta us quiet a few times :lol:

Opps.........pmsl.....sorry \:D/ :thumleft: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

chalkiepete wrote:
Frustrated Pilot wrote:lol

LOL

is it hard to fit?

im up for a group buy!!!

Hmmmmm novelty wearing off?????? No chance!!!!! I want louder now, have seen the ones I want....... Three times louder than wot I have......

They are kinda easy to fit, when I had them on the subaru, I had the compressor in the boot and horns at the front...........Now with the TWO, the compressor is almost ontop of the horns, therefore resulting in a quicker response & crisper TONE!

Still makes me smile when I hear these things go off!

I've gone louder now!!!! New Horns bigger & better..... The vid is pants quality....sorry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUgAwxPb-jk
tubby_mr2

Post by tubby_mr2 »

mate im only in loughton i have def gota come hear these
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

tubby_mr2 wrote:mate im only in loughton i have def gota come hear these

Loughton... thats not a million miles from me, you'd probably hear them from where I am....pmsl....... Any time ya fancy a meet up, I'd be happy to give ya a quick blast!!!
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

Just been watching your videos on you tube. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
tarmac terrorist

Post by tarmac terrorist »

see your post on facebook pete i cant stand big brother but if you do what you say you are going to do i promise i will watch the first episode pmsl as im shore many others on here would
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

tarmac terrorist wrote:see your post on facebook pete i cant stand big brother but if you do what you say you are going to do i promise i will watch the first episode pmsl as im shore many others on here would

Mate.....I went up to the Big Brother house as I said I would and drove down the side of Tescos car park. I could see the lights flashing away and could hear the screaming.

I jumped out to check the area for old bill and decided I woz defo gonna blast the big brother house!!! There woz a police van sitting at the exit way to where everyone would be coming out of the studios, but I thought wtf I'm on private ground and then headed back to the car!

I sat in the car and waited for my moment, I heard the crowds dying down and then Davina talking, I prepared to Blast those horns and gave a last quick look left and right......................

Thats where it all went t*ts up.............I just happened to catch out of the corner of my eye a elderly woman with a old dog just parking her backside down on a bench not more than 5 metres from me!!!! :pale: :cry: :roll: GUTTED!!!!!! One of my golden rules is I dont Honk at old people & or dogs!!!!!

But.........never fear!!! BIG BROTHER IS ON FOR THE NEXT 6-8 WEEKS, so I got plenty of time to do it!!!

also BB is not strictly live on eviction nite......... coz I woz sitting there at 9.45 and everyboby came out of the studio, I rang my mate and he said it woz still on tv!!!!

If I go up there during the nite they can edit out the horns with that stupid bird tweeting background noise so the only time I'd be able to really blast off the horns would be whilst Davina woz talking!!!

Big brother house, this is Davina speaking, your live on channel four, please do not swear!!!! Bauuurrrrppppppp WTF WOZ THAT!!!! pmsl

Return to “Modifications”