Coolant hoses and other hoses - where to find?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rails

Coolant hoses and other hoses - where to find?

Post by rails »

Hi folks,

My coolant and other related hoses looks to be fairly worn and I can't risk them breaking on the road.

Does anyone know where I can find replacements?

Thanks
DevaMR2

Re: Coolant hoses and other hoses - where to find?

Post by DevaMR2 »

Have you tried Toyota?
midlife crisis

Post by midlife crisis »

Just a thought, the car (assuming it's a Mk1?) will be around 20 years old, so stuff will look worn, but I would have thought replacing all hoses overkill. If you have the budget and want a mint car, then do it, but I just carry around a basic hose repair bandage. It's 2-part kit like cloth tape with a second bonding tape that reacts and creates a solid fix. For £5 it's certainly a cheaper option...

As i said, just a thought... :)
jrleech

Post by jrleech »

I believe that the Toyota prices for the two front radiator hoses are around the 200 pound mark each.

There was talk in a couple of threads on IMOC of getting Samco (or similar) to make a coolant hose kit for the Mk1, however it stalled on a number of attempts and hasn't got very far.

I took mine off, soaked them in Autoglym rubber care for a while, and they're good as new. If the bit inside the neck is crunchy, get some cellulose thinners on a cotton ball, or bit of kitchen roll, and wipe round the inside. All the crunchy stuff comes off, and you're left with new, soft rubber that actually seals properly.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”