[All] [Generic] Arch rolling day in Surrey

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Wingers

[All] [Generic] Arch rolling day in Surrey

Post by Wingers »

If anyone wants to have their arches rolled then I'm looking to organise a day to do mine and a few other cars too.
We're going to hire the kit for the day, so having a few cars will help spread the cost and there should be plenty of time to do a few more cars. The result being this should cost about £15-20 each as opposed to around £85 if you get someone like Archenemy to do it.

I don't really want to commit to doing too many cars as it could take a while for each one so I'm thinking that 5 cars would be a good number. That's flexible though so don't be shy...

The date will be Sat 9th May and thanks to a kind offer from Munnsy, the probably location will be KT22 9LG (need to check about provision for cover if the worst were to happen...).

Anyway I think that's about it so let me know if you're interested.

Wingers

Current list:
1 Wingers
2 Munnsy
3 Cantfindausername
4 ?
5 ?
Last edited by Wingers on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Munnsy

Re: [All] [Generic] Arch rolling day in Surrey

Post by Munnsy »

Yep this is a great chance to have a go at arch rolling,
if weather is good i may be able to put up a bbq and a few beers on the day if you all like.

As far as cover goes, somewhere i have a large market stool type tent, metal framed thing that we could always use if needed but i will obviously have to check everything is still there.

Tea and coffee all day, should be a bit of fun and an excuse to have a little drink and chat
should be a good day :thumleft:

I think its worth mentioning wingers, gtech take a deposit 100% returnable if equipment is returned undamaged, in the unlikely event this was to get damaged, does it seem fair that we split the costs across the board??

It is very unlikely this will be the case, but worth mentioning :thumleft:

Look forward to it guys

dave :mrgreen:
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Yeah should be a good day. Looking forward to it :thumleft:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
fearless

Post by fearless »

you found the guy i mentioned with the arch roller then im no good at remembering names got there in the end though. :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
she's all comming together nicely now after a fair bit of cash spent, not bad for just an n/a now for some body kit i think.
Wingers

Post by Wingers »

Actually he found me...

gtech is his username if anyone else needs to borrow the kit. :thumleft:

Wingers
Wingers

Post by Wingers »

As Munnsy mentioned, we should cover our backs and mention that the kit needs to be returned undamaged in order to get the deposit back. If it is damaged then we'll have to split the costs (with as few as 2 cars that would still make it cheaper than archenemy though lol).

The kit is now all paid for and booked for the 9th May so this is def going ahead. The price to hire the kit was £80 so that will be divided equally amongst each car.

If you've got any questions then just ask...

Wingers
gtech

Post by gtech »

Guys just to let you know, there is very little chance of breaking the machine, its a bit of tough kit :-) but we all have to cover our backs as they say.

Really is easy, good few of the guys have already had it and got perfect results, 5 cars should'nt be a problem at all......even if you are half pi$$ed by car 5 :mrgreen:

Full instructions supplied along with hints and tips, and worse case scenario I'm on the end of the phone.

wish I was nearer to you guys, I reckon it will be an excellent day.

And just so people are aware, I now run 255/40/17's on the rear with ample clearance, and thats with -40mm dropped suspension.

Graeme
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I'd be up for that. It's about a 150 mile round trip for me but I wouldn't have a car like this if I didn't love driving ;) Need my rears rolling a little bit due to the offset of my rear wheels scrubbing on the arches!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

Same for me bud, every now and then i catch the rear arch when i hit a bump, so for the sake of the little amount of money and a good day out, its got to be worth it :thumleft:

Get your name down bud :mrgreen:
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

Pub meet in the evening then??? :whistle:
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

you could always all pop round that night for some grub :thumleft:
bring a bottle and a sausage lol :mrgreen:
Marf

Post by Marf »

I'd like to have this done, as I need some clearance for the 255/40/17 tyres I have on the rear, but I'm a bit concerned about the condition of my drivers rear arch.

The paint has flaked on the underside of the arch and theres some surface corrosion where the metal has been exposed, would this roll ok, or is it likely to cause problems?
Frustrated Pilot

Post by Frustrated Pilot »

ummm... so what is it then? :oops: :oops:
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

Marf, your best bet is topm gtech with a couple of pictures of your arches and see what he says bud :thumleft:

ummm... so what is it then?

?????
What do you mean bud :oops: :oops:
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Munnsy wrote:
bring a bottle and a sausage lol :mrgreen:

Just what is it you're planning to do with them? :lol:

Is it recommended to use a heatgun to warm the arches? I've heard that this can help avoid paint cracking.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Marf

Post by Marf »

Every demo video I've seen has shown a heat gun applied to the arch before rolling.
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

with this kit you get everything you need to do the job, including a heat gun so all is in safe hands :thumleft:

As for the sausage and bottle :-k [-X [-X [-X

wjhat can i say :thumleft:
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

Munnsy wrote:
wjhat can i say :thumleft:

It's more what you haven't said that's the worry :gayfight:
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
gtech

Post by gtech »

Marf wrote:I'd like to have this done, as I need some clearance for the 255/40/17 tyres I have on the rear, but I'm a bit concerned about the condition of my drivers rear arch.

The paint has flaked on the underside of the arch and theres some surface corrosion where the metal has been exposed, would this roll ok, or is it likely to cause problems?

Heat it all gently with the heat gun supplied (after you have wiped off any flaky paint), then roll as normal. Did a 200SX the other week where the arches were really bad, but once rolled it looked good as new.

Just need to make sure any flaky stuff is out of the way first.

Graeme
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

just for the record, i may be moving house and should be settled in by then, if it all goes through ok ill repost new postcode etc, but its literally 30secs from the postcode posted,
New place has nice garden and a garage, so no fear of bad weather buggering it all up :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”