Silverstone Social Meet 19th March

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

scott19

Re: Silverstone Social Meet 19th March

Post by scott19 »

Its a really fine balance to be honest. When I started the club it was partly because I was a bit fed up with my MK1 sometimes being excluded from classic events due to it not being old enough. I dont want to exclude people. Its a balance between not excluding people but also if its a car park full of every day vehicles then you only need to go up to Tesco to see that! Its then not a display.

We do have a reasonable number of people joined up to the Facebook page that only have every day vehicles and want to come along and basically look round the display and be among it all which is absolutely fine most Classic car shows have 'Spectators' come along so we are certainly not any different.

I'm not advertising this meet too much to the general public as we have 100 car parking spaces and I suspect we are going to fill them. Future meets have been arranged at Turweston Aerodrome up the road where we will have acres of space and so I will be promoting those ones alot more trying to attract some general public as well.
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Sounds like one to miss this time, maybe make it up to the one where there can be the "boring owners" parking!
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
scott19

Post by scott19 »

Haha well like I say, everyone is welcome but this one might not be the best in terms of space. The full calendar is on our website. Next one is in May at Silverstone circuit and includes a lap of the GP circuit but it is pre book through the club and £15 for the the ticket.

June, July and August will be great at Turweston where we will have alot more space, no charge to get in, possibly some historic planes around as well and next to the on site Cafe
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Hoping that by May the MK1 will be fully welded. Granted that they will need to reopen a steel plant to supply enough metal to weld her though...
Draven

Post by Draven »

Thats a shame mate i'll be there.

Probably a reason for you not to go though lol
scott19

Post by scott19 »

Would be very pleased to have another MK1 at our meets to give my one some company! There is one other guy with a MK1 in our club with a Suprercharged Red MK1 but I believe his is off the road at the moment as well
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Daily drive is too standard and new to get in, and its a long way, so will wait for the MK1 to finish. Unless I can persuade my boss to lend me his newly restored TR7...
scott19

Post by scott19 »

Yes its a fair old treck for you isnt it. Get him to bring the TR7 with you as passenger- job done lol

Return to “Past Events”