snow

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JDM-MAT

snow

Post by JDM-MAT »

so who els is loving the snow in there MR2?

](*,) bloody snow
starmist

Re: snow

Post by starmist »

What snow? Not really got any here, Mr2 safely tucked up in the garage.
japaneseskoda

Post by japaneseskoda »

Stoke on Trent is like an ice rink. There's no way I could risk that tubby out there today. Will stick to the bike
JDM-MAT

Post by JDM-MAT »

Nottinghamshire got a fair bit if snow, was okay going to work in the morning. I got to the car park and put the MR2 in the hedge ](*,) (FAIL)

On the way home after midnight was a nightmare car was all over the place.
Harold

Post by Harold »

I want snow! Only had a tiny bit yesterday, never really get much down here.
Adam86
Premium Member

Post by Adam86 »

Yeh my 2 is staying in the garage as well. Not becuase l dont want to drive it in the snow but because its road salt season!
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

Theres been a bit of snow but nothing has settled down here on the isle of wight!

I however wont be taking my mr2 out in the snow as i dont think ive had the driving experiance to keep it in check yet! Im only 22 and its my first rear wheel drive car, wouldnt end well im sure!
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

Saw a red one on the m62 today with about 4" of snow on it.

I thought brave man myself

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL
craig

Post by craig »

My '2 is covered in about 7" of snow. I won't be driving it in the snow though. That's what my 306 is for :)
JDM-MAT

Post by JDM-MAT »

well we got a met office weather warning for snow, ow and im at work for 5:30am. im glad drivings my job and iv had years of experiance with hi power rwd cars. iv never hid away when the snow comes i love the challenge \:D/
RST

Post by RST »

Mine's due to go into storage next weekend. Looks like I booked storage a week or so too late! Haven't been driving it much recently in the bad weather, it's sat with about 6in of snow on it this past few days. I did clear the snow off the engine lid and put down some plastic over the vents before it snowed again today though. Hopefully if there's a thaw that'll keep some drips out until it goes away for winter.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Will be out in the snow tomorrow in mine, end of the day if you take your time like with any other car in the snow you will get from A to B no problem (unless your driving on heavy snow covered roads).

If you think driving a car is bad in these conditions my mum saw some crazy fool on a superbike today who almost came off a few times :shock: :shock: no idea how or if he get to his destination safely but my mum said the BMW was sliding all over the place :shock:

My 2 has a little miss fire when you apply a little throttle for the first 10 - 20 seconds when first started while covered in snow but clears up, then within a few mins all the snow on the engine lid has melted away :D

I love all the exhaust steam in the cold, looks cool but also to some people probably looks like your car is F****d lol
RST

Post by RST »

If you think driving a car is bad in these conditions my mum saw some crazy fool on a superbike today who almost came off a few times [Shocked] [Shocked] no idea how or if he get to his destination safely but my mum said the BMW was sliding all over the place [Shocked]

....good call, I got me photo in the paper last week for clearing snow (just happened to be a journalist pass by LoL) BUT in the article they wrote they quoted all sorts of people. One story was of a guy complaining he never made a meeting -it was an awful night anyway and he wanted to go to one 60 miles away! He saw how bad his street was, went out in it, got stuck then started bitching about it. I mean come-on, if it looks that bad then why bother when all the authorities tell you not to? Be sensible about it. There was someone killed on a bike locally recently -RIP but fair doos to someone with balls that big to even contemplate going out on a sports bike. No, wait, I mean brains the size of balls.
Andy_Foz

Post by Andy_Foz »

Its doable if you ride sensible. I ride 100 miles a day, 5 days a week. its the only way I can get to work (train would cost me £3600 a year). I dont enjoy it, especially when its -5 degrees and ive got an hour and a half journey ahead of me, 30 minutes each way of that being on the motorway... IT's DAMN COLD, i can tell you!!!

Andy
JDM-MAT

Post by JDM-MAT »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:Will be out in the snow tomorrow in mine, end of the day if you take your time like with any other car in the snow you will get from A to B no problem
totaly agree
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

RedMR² wrote:My '2 is covered in about 7" of snow. I won't be driving it in the snow though. That's what my 306 is for :)

Crickey! Weird how we're so close but no snow here. Everything is frozen solid. Around -9 at the mo, everything is White but with ice. It's just not climbing over the penines yet!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
james13009

Post by james13009 »

My daily cars an MR2 n/a but its crap in the snow! My mr2 turbo much better because its got a LSD but the bloody salt on the road will turn it to rust I fear!
JDM-MAT

Post by JDM-MAT »

this weather is fun but crap at the same time
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

JDM-MAT

Post by JDM-MAT »

im officially snowed in now ](*,) my little 2 can not drive in a foot of snow.

:(

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”