Project - Cosmos Eagle (New owner)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Re: Project - Cosmos Eagle (New owner)

Post by wilkie senior »

Well checked the readings off the sensors Kilo Ohms
a reading of all but one N/S Front, as suspected, the one i thought i had stretched.

Got the tip off the MR2 Drivers Club FB page

"Scott Soulby Brian Wilkinson I would. I've just done it 2 days ago

Up front are easy, the metal bracket that attaches to the car want changing over and the loom plug also and they go in ok

Rear the sensor plastic surround is a bit thick for the hole so a little bit of filing they go in, and again need to swap the loom plug over, take the brackets off the wiring and attach them to the car first, fit the sensor and plug and Mr2 gromit, put the wiring into the the bracket and bend the bracket to hold them in"

Hardest bit about it all is removing the original sensors, they can be stuck, mole grips help with that

I would say i didn't attach the metal bracket back on (at the sensor end) as the Lexus sensor cable exiting the sensor points the other way, but fits in fine.

I don't know if the Plastic bracket where the fixing bolt goes through, can swivel round to the other side, or its all one piece.

But i carefully laid out the cable, fixing it in place with the lugs on the bracket in the inner frunk panel, and cable tied to the support on the strut,, made sure it was free lock to lock

This is how my sensor came out ....in bits

on your lexus cable take it out of the metal bracket

the lexus plug, that plugs into the female plug in the frunk will have to be cut off its different, and re use the mr2 one, i used two cable blocks to connect temp! as i have no power in the garage to solder, but got it working so soldered it in at home

hope that's some help oh sensor is from a 99 - 2005 IS 200

p.s. I wondered if the Lexus front left (as i got) if fitted on the right & vice versa would have the cable on the sensor end point in the same as the MR2 ? i will check out
That's a negative, Jim. I do not have the measles.
Hail Cosmos Eagle Rev 5, 1998 -
RIP White Eagle Rev 1, 1991 - 2016
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

couple of pics before going back in garage

Equium Duo

Post by Equium Duo »

Looks absolutly mint.
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

Thank you sir too kind, i wouldnt say mint but, getting her back to it, spend a fortune have a body work job done again (bodge)

but these MR2s are never finished ha ha
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Brace of Toyotas

Post by wilkie senior »

Said good bye to the current company steed today

Shes been a reliable beast great for work & hauling band gear around

Taken advantage of some deals for the next company car gone smaller & Hybrid, saving some money for the company & enjoy some tax benefit while they are still around

Very weird driving an auto & hybrid car first time out in it in the dark Raining then through snow back home

So a brace of Toyota's....The current Mrs W with her Ayago, the Cosmos eagle & the Corolla

really pleasant to drive, think Ill enjoy this one
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

Hi hope everyone doing ok

Ill be honest Ive not coped with lockdown very well, amind the Gov with all the corrupt PPE contracts, seriously affecting part of our business, the dealing that have gone on are really scary anyway a stories for round the camp fire!!

Back to the Cosmos Eagle, I changed to the yellow billies as previos, one was not working so got a matched pair and swapped over, all good, took it for a test spin, acclerated out of a junction then started to get a knocking, o FFS one thought.

Basically so fed i stuck it in the garage and apart from my mate & i "Cracking up the quatros" on a saturday morning not done much else, i strted to look propery last weekend, majo major Homer Simpson moment........one of the drop inks i hadnt tighted it it up fully, so that tightended up, job sorted (young Tarquin gave it some brut strenght & ignorance)

So now to sort out the horn it started setting its self off when driving, any idead as to where i need to look for shorting cable etc? or would it be easier to rewire the horns I have in the frunk in?

Then hopefully the Rogue quads I bought for Chris when he had it we will fit them?

Really want to get to JAE and meet everyone up Ive missed you all guys :-)
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

Well hello folks

About to sorn off the 2 for the winter, but but some good news.... well i think so

Wilki (the younger Chris )

As you know he poured a large amount of dishonour on the Wilky clan.....when he went err i cant say it....BMW !!!

Well the Beemer started to "laugh at him" his words! a quick "any car" situation and Beemer sold, poor lad i felt for him a first then he got offered more that the initial quote!!

As we got into my car to go he said DRIVE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway he had spotted a nice little gem down in briistol, quick phone calls various call made so Beemer sold Friday sunday morning Road trip!

He is now in my good book and can hold his head high again as he now owns this little bueaty !!

Actually has TRD on the log book
TRD GT86 so the Cosmos has a sister again :-)

We suspect the previous Owner got a bit enthusiastic with the TRD badges, so Chris is planning to remedy that asap

Return to “Member Profiles”