Resetting the ECU
This may differ depending on revision but essentially...
- Take the car for a run (get it warm)
- Park up and pull the ECU-B (or just ECU) labelled fuses from front and rear boxes
- Wait at least 30 seconds (120 is good)
- Go for a run, red-line if you wish to show the car what sort of driver it needs to accommodate!
Other factors to bare in mind are:
- Turbo owners get bigger benefits due to full boost being available again
- If you're running std 95 unleaded then don't bother cos the ECU will probably safe-mode again ASAP
- If wishing to use Optimax (for the first time) then reset once you've filled up and gone for a run
The way I use (and it works) is to remove the EFI fuse in the
engine compartment. I've not noticed anything when pulling other fuses, and
the only other way I've managed to reset the ECU is by disconnecting
Mushin has also uploaded a file that details the ECU learning process;
ECU Relearn Procedures.pdf