Got wooped by a 4x4 :-/

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Azz

Got wooped by a 4x4 :-/

Post by Azz »

Ok my last post got removed by the babysitters,

Let me just re-do it...
Ok had a run in with a Jeep SRT-8, it was faster than me, nuf said

I did not brake the speed limit on any road, this was purely a 0-70 acceleration onto the motorway please don't over react.

Thanks for coming

=;
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Got wooped by a 4x4 :-/

Post by Lauren »

Azz wrote:Ok my last post got removed by the babysitters,

Let me just re-do it...

I did not brake the speed limit on any road, this was purely a 0-70 acceleration onto the motorway please don't over react.

Thanks for coming

=;

Well if you did not break the speed limit why did you say you were doing 145mph?

:-:

Read the rules for the forum, if you are having trouble understanding them, let me know and i'll explain it in simple terms to you.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Ry_B

Post by Ry_B »

A Jeep outrun an rx7? that is a fast jeep the srt's, but what bhp is your rx running?
owai

Post by owai »

You must be close to stock as a jeep SRT8 is 420 bhp and is like 2000kg.
it's bhp per ton it aroud 200 . and an RX7 doesn't weigh that much maybe 1150kgs? and i thought the bhp for an rx7 fd3s is 240?

To be fair though i imagine the Jeep has a hell of alot of torque from its 6 litre v8!

if you take a look on youtube a fair few cars get beat from rolling , 07 Suburu Impreza , Corvettes and a few Vipers!
Azz

Post by Azz »

Lauren Unwelcomely Wrote
well if you did not break the speed limit why did you say you were
doing 145mph?

What are you going on about? stop living in the past, we are on about this post not one that does not exist anymore. and for the record i forgot the decimal place so it should have read 14.5mph,

Lauren Unwelcomely Wrote
Read the rules for the forum, if you are having trouble understanding them, let me know and i'll explain it in simple terms to you.

Don't patronise me! you need to lighten up, i know your only doing your duty but your getting peoples backs up

Ry_B Kindly Wrote
A Jeep outrun an rx7? that is a fast jeep the srt's, but what bhp is your rx running?

Owai Kindly Wrote
and an RX7 doesn't weigh that much maybe 1150kgs? and i thought the bhp for an rx7 fd3s is 240?

there are more than 10 types of RX7, a 1994 Type R will do 60 in 5.6s @ 240ish BHP, mine is a 1996 Type RS so its much quicker with better specs and gooling, Mine is 279RWHP and 1280KG, i have this thing beat on paper ever so slightly (0.1s to 60, and 20MPH top end), but it looked modded (Pimped), and nothing short of 300RWHP RX7 would have caught it i reckon, or a sharp corner :mrgreen:
owai

Post by owai »

Yeah i guess i should have checked which RX7 you had but i was just using rough spec's - nothing agaisnt the RX7 as i love them and when and if i sell the MR2 it will be for the FC3S RX7 .
You will find though America Are bringing out a fair few yank tanks now.
Dodge Ram SRT10 and the Ford F150 Harley Davidson are all 500 bhp pick ups (christ nows why you would want to go that fast in a pick up maybe you really want to shift that fridge t the tip quick!?)
But yeah even porsche and BMW have there high powered 4x4's

So nows the excuse to get your block ported by WGT or Dragon Performance and go Single (T88 :thumleft: ) on the RX7 just so you can show them what a real sports car can do!
Azz

Post by Azz »

my rebuild is due in 18000 miles and i am between keeping it standard, or going single Turbo, as i only ever go fast on the motorway (70mph max Lauren) but i like the feel of the 2nd turbo kick in.

TBH im not realy bothered about keeping up with a 2ton tank thats had 1million BHP engine fitted as i know thats not the point, its taking corners and track racing that shows a cars true performance, not just one feature.

Would love to get mine on a track but fell i wouldent be up to it, i'm a great driver in my head, dont know if i could ever take it to the max or anywhere close on a track. would love to do it i just bottle at every chance lol
Last edited by Azz on Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Azz wrote:
What are you going on about? stop living in the past, we are on about this post not one that does not exist anymore. and for the record i forgot the decimal place so it should have read 14.5mph,

Stop taking the pee. :-: I really think you need to grow up. You are the one who has repeatedly broke the rules posting about illegal activities on the forum.

You made a reference to a post that i removed. You could have had this conversation over PM, but no, you opted to start a new thread moaning about moderation, when effectively you have not a leg to stand on. So why don't you just, give up, grow up and if you insist on posting about your illegal activities, go do it elsewhere.

All you have to do is not make references about excessive speed (ie don't say i was in 4th gear at 7500rpm), don't try and take the pee by saying it was a private road etc. And don't promote illegal activities. Just about everyone else manages to so it ought to be possible.
Azz

Post by Azz »

I Wrote
Ok my last post got removed by the babysitters,

Let me just re-do it...

Thanks for coming

Lauren Wrote
you opted to start a new thread moaning about moderation

Please explain how i have moaned? i have made a statment of...

Ok my last post got removed by the babysitters, Let me just re-do it...

thats not moning babe, i am just saying moaning would be... The mods have removed my post, i am so sick of it etc etc.

I made a statment saying it had been removed and i was going to re-do it, you need to stop over reacting and getting so wound up.

Also please dont tell me to grow up as thats very childish and VERY irratating in its self,

I will be more creative with my posts in the future
owai

Post by owai »

You could have the best of both worlds isn't there some sort of mod where you can keep the twin turbo's but make them sequential or is it the other way around? sorry it's been a while since i visited Rx7 Forums.
a Street port should help you gain a bit of power if your getting a rebuild and might be worth doing while the engine is out though seems easier to get some one to do that for you instead of going ingle which costs alot more i think?
I know what you mean about taking the car on a track. i want to take the MR2 on a track some day but i don't fancy damaging the car after i've just built her up!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Azz wrote:
I will be more creative with my posts in the future

Keep within the rules and you won't have a problem. Try to circumnavigate the rules and you will. Simple. Meh having circular arguments with you.

Streetracing is childish, we do not wish to condone or promote such activities.
Azz

Post by Azz »

Owai Wrote
isn't there some sort of mod where you can keep the twin turbo's but make them sequential or is it the other way around?

There Sequential now you mean true Twin turbo's where they both active at the same time (I have no idea what its called)

I am gunna talk with the rebuild people and work out the best way, i want about 450BHP i think, and would love launch control of some sort.

Keep within the rules and you won't have a problem. Try to circumnavigate the rules and you will.

Streetracing is childish, we do not wish to condone or promote such activities.

Your not making this easy are you, so i wouldent get away with...

I had a dream where i was doing 170mph on the M62 :^o ...

:mrgreen:

Simple, Me having circular arguments with you.

Maybe i like arguing with you, i might be doing it so you will speak to me :lover:

:oldtongue:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Azz wrote:
Maybe i like arguing with you, i might be doing it so you will speak to me :lover:

:oldtongue:

LOL.

:shocked:

/stalker
Azz

Post by Azz »

im defo not a stalker, though could come in earler tonight as i have been sat in your back garden for ages and im cold :cyclops:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Azz wrote:im defo not a stalker, though could come in earler tonight as i have been sat in your back garden for ages and im cold :cyclops:

Arrgghhh, runs for the hils.. :shocked:
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Please note that I've updated the posting guidelines for driving experiences
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1435
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
Azz

Post by Azz »

Please note that I've updated the posting guidelines for driving experiences
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1435

I have suddenly stoped being able to read :-k i am writing this yet have no idea what it says? :mrgreen:
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

i think lauren is a top babysitter :tongue:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Why do some people find it so hard to say "Y'know what? I broke the rules and I'm sorry. It won't happen again."? Defending yourself when everyone can see you're in the wrong normally ends up with everyone thinking you're stupid as well.

Just thinking out loud.
Azz

Post by Azz »

When they all pay my Tax and NI ill give a hoop what they think.

Return to “Driving Experiences”