TRD widebody on ebay.

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

woody

TRD widebody on ebay.

Post by woody »

pistol supercharged pete

Re: TRD widebody on ebay.

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

yeah i have seen it before
i think it is the guy who does the dvds for fast car - i think- - some one lent me them i did not buy them :roll: -
on one of the dvds it showed him have it sprayed and that kit put on it
woody

Post by woody »

the colour is a bit ott.. and the bonnet vent is crap.. but apart from that it looks good.
Patrick Gray

Post by Patrick Gray »

there was a company advertising on ebay before christmas.Samaraui Performance i think they were called.They were selling TOMS,Veilside,TRD,Border and Bomex kits all supposedly genuine.Has anyone had any dealings with them before.
craig

Post by craig »

Yeah, saw this last night. Looks good apart from:

- Bonnet
- Colour

:wink:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Not the one on the vid, thats from NZ owned by a guy called ketz. Thats now silver with loads of ice and more power.

I don't mind the colour (opens himself for attack) bet it looks ok in the flesh.
TRD2000GT

Post by TRD2000GT »

IMHO this trd2000gt replica isn't a very good copy... sigh...

All those extra tacky bits added on (roof scoop!!) just make it look max power style modified... i.e. not cool..

The TRD2000GT does NOT need any go faster strips to look cool.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Doesn't look bad to me. Is yours genuine Trevor? In all honesty I can't tell a huge difference (no offence). I thought the genuine TRD was more like the JGTCT 300 series cars. Check out the height of the front wheel arch and the point at which the rear wheel arch stops, both much higher (big wheels looked drowned, even with a huge drop)

Look at the arch difference it follows the line of the bonnet

Look at the arch height at the back

Take a lookon the whifbitz site, the front bumper has side cutouts and the lines are much more agressive. See how the front archs continue with the bonnet line.

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/mr2-bodykittrd.htm

Cheers,

James
woody

Post by woody »

very nice car.. also nice website 8) your old website was cool too... very helpful when i was looking for my tubby. :thumleft:

Return to “Spotted”