Hideing bits!

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Playbunny

Hideing bits!

Post by Playbunny »

Iv just put in a nice DVD unit in the car. It did come with so so much wireing it was unreal but I managed to hide that on top of the air vent.

The problem I have is I have an extunal (exuise the spelling) unit to hide aswell as an amp for my stereo. Where can they go. I dont want them on show for the whole world to see [-X
cantfindausername

Re: Hideing bits!

Post by cantfindausername »

Depending on the size of the unit, you could put it in the cubby hole behind the pax/drivers seat. Seen a nice disc changer sat in there before with a slot cut into the metal for access to the loader.
Playbunny

Post by Playbunny »

That solves the one unit just the amp to go. I do have the ECU for the blitz Boost control in there already but it should fit.
cantfindausername

Put the amp in the boot like I did on your white one.
Playbunny

Post by Playbunny »

im not that skilled. but someone suggested to put it under pass seat.
cantfindausername

It is possible, but I dont like it there. Plus the pax will get a hot ar$e, and with your driving it gets a little hot there anyway, so I wouldn't recommend it. Although for the hash of a job you've done at installing it so far it may be the easiest option.
Playbunny

Post by Playbunny »

do you want a slap!!!! =; It all looks ok--ish to me. Just needs to be hid along with the wires.

And there is nothing wrong with my driving. I have boost control now its all fine!!
nutter

Post by nutter »

I put my amps on the firewall behind the passenger seat just be careful when you drill though as the fuel filler pipe runs behind the wall in the engine bay :)
cantfindausername

Playbunny wrote:do you want a slap!!!! =; It all looks ok--ish to me. Just needs to be hid along with the wires.

And there is nothing wrong with my driving. I have boost control now its all fine!!

Thats because you are trying to convince yourself that a ditched amp and fuse stuck to the window is a good install. Trust me its shody, and the fuse on the window is a dead give away to a thief that you are running some ICE.
Playbunny

Post by Playbunny »

And thats why I went and spoke to my pals at Road Road yesterday. :D We have plans, anyway moved it all yesterday but you would not of known that :wink:

Just want to know where they best place is to put things.

But it dose help that the car is behind 6 foot ages most of the time with CCTV.
cantfindausername

Yeah but if someone wants it they'll get it come hell or high water. Luckily stereo theft is less of an issue these days though. HU are useless without the faces, who's gonna be ar$ed to remove a door panel for a set of speakers. So what are you big plans for the ICE?
Playbunny

Post by Playbunny »

Not a huge amont but I want the car to look nice and sound nice and I intend to keep this one for a while.

Going to uprate Sub to 10" Kicker. Uprate front speckers to kickers aswell. Also I need some thing behind my head in the corners to inharnce the sound. To make it like suround sound. The unit I have just got has made the sound quilty much better already its unreal. Very pleased with it.

Car is haveing skirts and spoiler sprayed in a few weeks and im hopeing to get the bomex front spliter at some point. I want the car looking different, nice but not over the top.
cantfindausername

Be careful with getting something put behind your head. it can be too piercing and over power the rest of the system. You should have got components instead of co-axials for the front, as that would raise the sound line, and probaly remove the need for any rear speakers.

:-k So with all this money being spent on tunesetc hav you got any spare to pay for a radiator and dump valve yet?
Playbunny

Post by Playbunny »

Well we shall see what my mate drums up.

Not sure about rad and valve as white mr2 is still sitting there. Stereo is not costing much, got contacts :wink:

Anyway pub lunch is calling my name. O:)
cantfindausername

Well good luck with the sale.

Return to “ICE and Security”