New site directions

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Owen @ Kent Car Craft

New site directions

Post by Owen @ Kent Car Craft »

Judging by the no. of enlisted memebers we had before the old site closeed down compared to the no. on this new one:
Admins etc,can you stick a direct link from the old address to this new Memebrs site?
Its just easier for for us peeps who are w@nk with computers and like to click on one link in our favourites menu.
It would retain a lot of the old members.
Just an idea.
Owen.
BenF
Premium Member

Re: New site directions

Post by BenF »

Elmo Owen wrote:Judging by the no. of enlisted memebers we had before the old site closeed down compared to the no. on this new one:
Admins etc,can you stick a direct link from the old address to this new Memebrs site?
Its just easier for for us peeps who are w@nk with computers and like to click on one link in our favourites menu.
It would retain a lot of the old members.
Just an idea.
Owen.

Elmo, ta - we're watching the URLs that people are hitting and will put a note up advising people to change their links.

TBH, its not *that* hard to change a Bookmark is it? ;)
Owen @ Kent Car Craft

Re: New site directions

Post by Owen @ Kent Car Craft »

No tis not hard,i just had to run a search for the new site in Google or whatever it is.
I was just thinking of peeps who only just use the net for access to IMOC (like me!but its darn worth it!)
Kezza_2Turbo

on that note!

Post by Kezza_2Turbo »

Ben,

I think the problem is with all of the archives that the old site had, if you search google for something and it comes up with one of the old imoc archives you then just get a "page cannot be displayed" message, no re-direction.

So might be worth deleting all the old archives or redirecting every page
BenF
Premium Member

Re: on that note!

Post by BenF »

Kezza_2Turbo wrote:Ben,

I think the problem is with all of the archives that the old site had, if you search google for something and it comes up with one of the old imoc archives you then just get a "page cannot be displayed" message, no re-direction.

So might be worth deleting all the old archives or redirecting every page

We are watching the URLs people are requesting which are missing - the most common (~35% of hits) is download/download.asp which was being abused to provide free hosting for other sites.

What we will do is put redirects in for the most common pages, we can't do this for all pages as there are too many :)

This problem will only be 'fixed' when the search engines have re-indexed the new site and content.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”