[Mk2] [NA] Power Window - Wiring diagram inside

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

j17sparky

[Mk2] [NA] Power Window - Wiring diagram inside

Post by j17sparky »

Ive waited ages to find another window switch, arrived and tryed it this weekend and nope, not that. So what is it?

Symtoms
The drivers side window is all fine
The passenger window goes down by the passengers side switch but not the drivers.
The passenger window will not go up by either switch.
Drivers side switch has been replaced and ive bridged the terminals on the passenger switch in the "normal" and the "up" possition without any effect.
The passenger window will go up if i wire a battery directly upto the 2 wires left of the red arrow. The window then stops correctly at the full up possition.
The passenger window lock switch is not pressed.

Now if im reading it right the wire with the red arrow pointing at it must be at fault????? //EDIT sorry the wire left of the arrow, not the one its pointing at :o

Or could it be something else?

:beer:
Last edited by j17sparky on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r011y1974

RE Passenger Window

Post by r011y1974 »

Had similar problems with mine.

Unplug the drivers door switches and then unplug the other end of the wiring loom which is located near to the fuse panel in the drivers footwell, behind the kick panel. Test out the length of the wiring loom using a simple electrical test meter, beep test ( one end of the wire to the other )

The wiring loom runs between the door and the door frame, via a rubber pipe. Everytime the door is opened/closed these wires bend and twist, eventually breaking.

I found that on mine, whilst doing the beep test if I moved the door slightly then it would beep or stop beeping. I think in the end I replaced about 3 of the individual wires which had broke.

I took my door off, with the loom. Cut the old wire out and soldered new wire in its place. Door back on, connected up and hey presto everything worked and is still working now 3 yr later. \:D/

Hope this helps
Si_Crewe

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Power Window - Wiring diagram inside

Post by Si_Crewe »

If you've replaced the switch it is, most likely, a broken wire.

Again, you can use a multimeter to check that the switch is closing the contacts when you press it. If the switch is fine it's got to be the wiring which is causing the problem.

Return to “Electrical”