Early MK1A - **SOLD VIA IMOC**

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

j0nathan

Early MK1A - **SOLD VIA IMOC**

Post by j0nathan »

edit wrote: Pictures removed - now sold

General Stuff
Early MK1a in beautiful red. Her name is Abbi and as you can see from the pictures she scrubs up quite nicely. This spritely 21 year old has a mere 163K on her ticker and is still going strong. She loves to pull no matter what gear she is in, never fails to be turned on, and has a lovely new alternator fitted to keep her charged and ready to go. The red and black interior is in good condition and there are no holes in the seats. Abbi is licensed to be on the road until the end of the month but has a ticket from the Ministry of Transport that is good until the beginning of next year.

The not so good stuff
Abbi would like a new set of shoes for the winter though if you intend to put her on the track then keep the current ones as spares. At 21 she is starting to look a little tired round the edges and her current owner doesn't have the time to lavish on her like he used to. A brake service before the winter sets in is probably advisable as well, though this is an easy DIY if you are that way inclined. Her front end is not as shiny as it once was - a minor (very) incident with a bush means that some of the paint has been removed from the passenger corner of the front bumper - a simple home respray would sort this.

The Good stuff
Abbi is rather proud of her registration mark, it gives her an identity that other cars just do not have and is always a talking point amongs the other cars in the car park. One of her previous owners invested in it for her and she has worn it with pride ever since. All the documents are present to prove that the registration change is legal.

Abbi's nice shiny paint job shows off her lines rather well and complements her smart set of alloys. She is also quite fond of the little details that her owners have added over the years like the side repeater covers (BMW?), modified front lenses and colour coded rear end.

In the pictures it can been that Abbis rear end is a little flaky but there is a new bumper ready to be fitted so this minor inconvenience will be no more. Also note whilst looking at the pictures that the rear arches are in pretty good condition which makes a nice change for one of these cars.

Abbi is also rather fond of her tunes. She doesn't do big base or CD's but she does do tapes and radio on her modern little stereo. She also hates it when she hears about her brothers and sisters being stolen which is why she is rather proud of her Cat 2 immobiliser (certificate present for insurance purposes).

Why do I have to let Abbi go to another?
There comes a point in time when we have to let the ones we love fly the fold. She has provided me hours of enjoyment but sadly our time together must come to and end. A lack of seating means that I must pass her on so that a boring four seater shopping car can fill her place. Fortunately her younger brother is still on my drive so all is not lost.

Price
SOLD

p.s. BTW - my rack doesn't come with the car (oooh err missus)... :)
Last edited by j0nathan on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
j0nathan

...ooops - contact information added...

Post by j0nathan »

I forgot to mention that I can be contacted on removed. Please leave PM's or use the email link to mail me if you prefer.

Remember - I am open to sensible offers and negotiation. I would prefer to sell to a fellow enthusiast but I also need something with four seats sooner rather than later.

Book early to avoid disappointment - shabba.
Your house is at risk if you do not keep up your repayments.
This message has been brought to you by the number 7 and the letter Q.
Last edited by j0nathan on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
j0nathan

Re: Early MK1A - **SOLD VIA IMOC**

Post by j0nathan »

bump...
...anyone? Sadly she must go. I am open to offers.
spongebob

Post by spongebob »

wow if I didnt already have a mint Mk1a sat in the garage or even had the money spare Id have thta as looks a stunning example fella and for that daft low price as well ! suprised its nto been snatched off yer at that price fella !
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

spongebob wrote:wow if I didnt already have a mint Mk1a sat in the garage or even had the money spare Id have thta as looks a stunning example fella and for that daft low price as well ! suprised its nto been snatched off yer at that price fella !

Thank you for your kind comments. The piccies flatter it a little but it is priced to sell. Its' got to sell. Now that my girlfriend and I no longer work at the same location we can not car share and I have to do my uncle duties from time-to-time. I look after my niece quite regularly, my sister has twins with a third on the way and 3 into 2 seats just does not go! This is the reason for the low price which in itself is open for negotiation a little.

It's an honest little car and I'll be sorry to see Abbi go to another but let her go I must. :(
MartG

Post by MartG »

If you'd been selling it a month ago, I'd have bitten your hand off clear up to the armpit - as it is "I already got one, you see"
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

MartG wrote:If you'd been selling it a month ago, I'd have bitten your hand off clear up to the armpit - as it is "I already got one, you see"

I still have my arm - damn!!!!

Ok, this must go. Price has been dropped to £795, is now advertised locally and will be appearing in Autotrader.

Roll up roll up - get yer bargain sports car here. 1 only. She must go.
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

BTTT.... Bumpety Bump

Price Drop £750 ONO.
Retro

Post by Retro »

What's the tax and MOT situation?
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

Retro wrote:What's the tax and MOT situation?

Tax expires at the end of the month. No Tax will come with the car unless it is bought separately. MOT is due mid January so plenty of time on that one.

Jon
System-G

Post by System-G »

How quickly do you need to get rid?
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

System-G wrote:How quickly do you need to get rid?

Yesterday would be best! That quick. :)
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Free bump!

Cannot believe you still have it even after dropping it to £750!

If only I weren't so far away...
j0nathan

She's left me, the hussy...

Post by j0nathan »

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments and the odd bump. Abbi has left me for another. Very sad to see her go but desire and practicality had a little fight and practicality won.

:cry:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”