will have to ebay some stuff to cover this!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

will have to ebay some stuff to cover this!

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

just aquired a set of TEIN coil overs from the states which were used but only covered 27,000kms and i got them for.....wait for it....... £300 inc shipping!

if it gets caught by customs i'm still quids in hopefully!

i got them to sell on but at that price i'm so tempted to sell a load of over stuff to cover it! :D

as i'm a bit poor anyone local to me wanna fit them for a beer or 2? :D

right i better ebay a kidney to cover the cost now :D
Mikejc

Re: will have to ebay some stuff to cover this!

Post by Mikejc »

Which one's did you get Chris?

Mikejc

TEIN super street

with a customs charge they work out less than half the price of a new set i think :?
Bry

Post by Bry »

right i better ebay a kidney to cover the cost now :D[/quote]

As it's Christmas time of good will and all that,I'll fit them for you.I fitted my Teins a couple of weeks ago (type HR's).Have yours got the pillow ball top mounts and is the damping adjustable,oh and have they got the drop links?As long as no nuts or bolts are seized should only take an hour and a half,let me know :D
Watch out OZ here I come !!
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Bry wrote:As long as no nuts or bolts are seized should only take an hour and a half,let me know :D

He's not called rustboy for no reason ;) You better take the day off :lol:
tony2311

Post by tony2311 »

dont think there is any custom charge if it is second hand
Bry

Post by Bry »

Dale_V wrote:
Bry wrote:As long as no nuts or bolts are seized should only take an hour and a half,let me know :D

He's not called rustboy for no reason ;) You better take the day off :lol:

Good point :lol:
gtschris.com

Post by gtschris.com »

Chris 'aka rustboy' Ammon wrote:just aquired a set of TEIN coil overs from the states which were used but only covered 27,000kms and i got them for.....wait for it....... £300 inc shipping!

i got them to sell on but at that price i'm so tempted to sell a load of over stuff to cover it! :D

Advice..................When fitted check your camber! i killed a set of new tyres in 1500mile running way to much neg camber of the front (turn in was sweet - but not "new tyres every 1500mile sweet!")
www.gtschris.com
tel: 01670 737080
mob: 07786070103

Bry wrote:as i'm a bit poor anyone local to me wanna fit them for a beer or 2? :D

As it's Christmas time of good will and all that,I'll fit them for you.I fitted my Teins a couple of weeks ago (type HR's).Have yours got the pillow ball top mounts and is the damping adjustable,oh and have they got the drop links?As long as no nuts or bolts are seized should only take an hour and a half,let me know :D[/quote]

bry dunno dunno and dunno to all them questions! not got pillow balls so can't adjust camber. damping is adjustable as is height i'm led to believe, will be a few weeks coming from the US but when there here maybe you could pop round and have a look and gimmie your thoughts?

if it's all good it would be great if you could fit them, i don't mind getting a bit car gruby to help as well :)

gtschris.com wrote:
Chris 'aka rustboy' Ammon wrote:just aquired a set of TEIN coil overs from the states which were used but only covered 27,000kms and i got them for.....wait for it....... £300 inc shipping!

Advice..................When fitted check your camber! i killed a set of new tyres in 1500mile running way to much neg camber of the front (turn in was sweet - but not "new tyres every 1500mile sweet!")

hmmm no camber adjust but as long as i don't set it to silly low i should be ok my mate says.
michael

Post by michael »

I'll give you £300 for *both* kidneys

you funny bu88er michael :D
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

before your try to put ur tein coil over make sure you have the drop link, (a lot shorter) and read the instruction (if u got past the 16 setting perm damage can cause to coilover) I would say 1 hour each, if the suspension never taken off before !! (mine is Tein HR)

SFLee wrote:before your try to put ur tein coil over make sure you have the drop link, (a lot shorter) and read the instruction (if u got past the 16 setting perm damage can cause to coilover) I would say 1 hour each, if the suspension never taken off before !! (mine is Tein HR)

whats the TEIN HR? haven't heard of that one?
Bry

Post by Bry »

Tein HR is what I have on mine,they are the daddies :lol:

how much were your tein HR's? they better than super streets? can't see them on the TEIN site :(

got a pic of your motor sitting on the HR's? whats the ride like and how low did you set them Bry?
Jayng

Tein fitment

Post by Jayng »

Just thought to add my 2 yen...

Make sure you have the right droplinks or adjustable ones.

I had Tein coilovers on my old tubby with adjustable droplinks. When one of the rears gave way I decided to try out H&R coilovers. They didn`t supply new droplinks nor even the topmounts at that!! I fitted the H&Rs myelf and kinda forced the tein links to fit ( a bit too short even when adjusted to max length) Against my better judgement, l forced the anti-roll bars up a little to fit the links.... Made the car handle really badly even with four wheel alignment. Stoopid me....

Get some adjustable links if they don`t come with the Teins. BTW saw someone selling a set on ebay for the MR2 so maybe you should check it out.

Also, used parts are still liable for tax. 5 % of the part and shipping costs and then VAT on top... Yes, C&S even charge VAT on the bloody 5%!!!

Good luck with the new coilovers and hope you have a fun when you fit them. My car handled brilliantly even though one rear was leaking.

thanks for the advice jay, i'm not sure if it has the drop links but i know it has the top mounts, hopefully it'll be all there when i get them.

get the car sitting just right should look good :D
Bry

Post by Bry »

Chris 'aka rustboy' Ammon wrote:how much were your tein HR's? they better than super streets? can't see them on the TEIN site :(

got a pic of your motor sitting on the HR's? whats the ride like and how low did you set them Bry?

Hi mate,The Tein HR's are no longer called HR's since Tein renamed all of there products,I suppose they'd be comparible to the RA's.I got them from a friends car that took an unfortunate trip through some trees which resulted in the car being written off,and as such they were free I just put some old knackered teins that I had lying around on the written off car.The ride is quite firm but not harsh,I could go softer by turning the shock down but like the way the car handles now, so I'll leave it.
Pic of my car with the Teins on my profile pic,sorry don't know how to put pics up yet :cry: [/img]

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”