Help

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2chris

Help

Post by mr2chris »

hi guys i have a mk2 turbo rev2 i am buying a ct20b turbo but i have the ct26 fitted at the moment i find i get alot of boost spike (as i am running a bleed valve and droped forged acctuartor) how can i resolve

cheers and a merry christmas chris
JJ

Re: Help

Post by JJ »

mr2chris wrote:hi guys i have a mk2 turbo rev2 i am buying a ct20b turbo but i have the ct26 fitted at the moment i find i get alot of boost spike (as i am running a bleed valve and droped forged acctuartor) how can i resolve

cheers and a merry christmas chris

The actuator will need quite a bit of air directed to it to open it, so your bleed valve is effectively bleeding the air away from the feed to the actuator. Keep the feed from the compressor housing to the bleed valve then to the actuator as short as possible. The longer it is, the more spike your going to come across.

Also, what sort of pipe are you using. You realistically need to use the reinforced type, none of this bling blue stuff that expands at the slightest bit of heat.

Ensure all ends are circlipped to the pipes properly.

Ought to do it.... !

:wink:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
mr2chris

Re: Help

Post by mr2chris »

The actuator will need quite a bit of air directed to it to open it, so your bleed valve is effectively bleeding the air away from the feed to the actuator. Keep the feed from the compressor housing to the bleed valve then to the actuator as short as possible. The longer it is, the more spike your going to come across.

Also, what sort of pipe are you using. You realistically need to use the reinforced type, none of this bling blue stuff that expands at the slightest bit of heat.

Ensure all ends are circlipped to the pipes properly.

Ought to do it.... !

cheers mate i havent put circlips on the pipes i am also investing in a electronic boost controller to get in a bit safer

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”