Essex - Rolling Road

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rhys-

Essex - Rolling Road

Post by Rhys- »

Morning chaps,

Finally got registered on the site, took bloody long enough!

Anyway, Spammon isn't it time you orginised another RR day at Whittam? Seeing as you have your new motor now :D

Let us know if you plan to as I'd like to go back on now I've stopped my overfueling.

Adios
Kevin

Re: Essex - Rolling Road

Post by Kevin »

Rhys- wrote:Finally got registered on the site, took bloody long enough!

Hah, get here when you can :)

Thought it strange you wern't around when I registered
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Yeah fragalot keeps bouncing the registration, go figure!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Ah- that'll be the Dave "my server doesn't bounce mail" Westley effect again then :)

See there is another Rhys on here then....
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

Will be good to get my Sc on the rolling road when it's got the big pulley fitted.Hopefully early New Year!!!! :)
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Sounds good mate, what is the SC stock supposed to put out?

All we need is Chris to talk nicely to Engine Advantages again :D
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Can't get the bhp up to what you lads have but,when the big pulley and abv mod are fitted ,should be around 180,not too bad fot a small car!
I should be at between 145-150 at the moment,so looking forward to the big mods!!!
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Myself and Pete Mason have given the Tubbys a good run,for there money!!!
We can usually keep up to around 70 ,stock ,with the big pulley hopefully we will be pushing you!!!!! :D
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Rhys- wrote:Morning chaps,

Finally got registered on the site, took bloody long enough!

Anyway, Spammon isn't it time you orginised another RR day at Whittam? Seeing as you have your new motor now :D

Let us know if you plan to as I'd like to go back on now I've stopped my overfueling.

Adios

Heh - I've also had some folks asking for a RR day at T&M in Colchester - their kit is older than the stuff at Whitham, but a power run is only £20 :)

If there's enough interest, I can see what Saturdays T&M have free in January...
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Sounds good Ben, £10 cheaper than EA as well. Even though the kit is older I take it that it's in good nick?

I know the SC's are fast, had one behind me at Castle Combe last year, never saw him again though after we set off :twisted:
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Rhys- wrote:Sounds good Ben, £10 cheaper than EA as well. Even though the kit is older I take it that it's in good nick?

Yep, its all in good nick, but quite old - you get a plot that gives you your peak Power vs speed as power runs are done in 4th gear. You can work back from this to get torque figures using a spreadsheet I've put together ..

I came along to a session at Whitham early this year after doing one at T&M and the figures agreed to within a few bhp of each other.

I'll put a post up later with a link to some video clips I've taken of sessions there.

I know the SC's are fast, had one behind me at Castle Combe last year, never saw him again though after we set off :twisted:

Sounds like driver talent may be at play here - I overtook a new Evo VIII at Anglesey in my Mk1 ;)
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

well last time ben i got 2 runs for 30 quid AND some ducting to the side at engine advantages last time :D

i'll book it after the new year once people have settled after xmas :D
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Good lad Chris :D

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”