Sub Popping

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GAZ

Sub Popping

Post by GAZ »

Hello

I've recently installed a sub behind the passenger seat of my 2. However every time I change track I get a loud pop/thump from the sub. I can also hear my car accelerating through the sub?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Paul R

Re: Sub Popping

Post by Paul R »

Hi,

Where do you take the power from the sub and where is it earthed in relation to the amp?

What kind of sub is it?

You want the earth as close to the amp as possible and the power coming directly from the battery. A good quality wiring kit helps too.

Paul.
GAZ

Post by GAZ »

Hello

My sub is a 12" pro plus (500 watts). I have the ground cable attached to the car body underneath the cubby box behind the driver seat.

The power is coming directly from the battery with a wiring kit that cost me £30.00.

I will try attaching the ground cable closer to the battery. What does this do and how does it stop the popping when I change track. It's really frustrating and I'm worried I will damage the sub.

:oops:
GAZ

Post by GAZ »

Hello

My sub is a 12" pro plus (500 watts). I have the ground cable attached to the car body underneath the cubby box behind the driver seat.

The power is coming directly from the battery with a wiring kit that cost me £30.00.

I will try attaching the ground cable closer to the battery. What does this do and how does it stop the popping when I change track. It's really frustrating and I'm worried I will damage the sub.

:oops:
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

I think you need to earth the sub as close to the amp as possible, not the battery.

Cheers,

Paul.
darkmagi

Post by darkmagi »

I had the same problem as you, I could hear my car's engine through the sub, I fitted a GROUND LOOP ISOLATOR that seem to do the trick, But i would also try & make sure that the amp's earth is fixed to the body of the car near the amp as possible & if that does'nt help it then try the isolator.

Hope you get it fixed... :)

Return to “ICE and Security”