jonb-

Re: pics from autosport

Post by jonb- »

Wish i'd made it this year :(

WTF is the mk1 doing there?!
Adam_B

Post by Adam_B »

was on a stand called club 100 i think. not entirely sure but i think it was to do with various road legal track cars from cheap and cheerful to really expensive stuff.
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

So the mk1 was there representing the top end exotica? :-k 8-[
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

jonb- wrote:Wish i'd made it this year :(

WTF is the mk1 doing there?!

The MK1 SC was there on the 750MC representing the MR2 Challenge. There were far cheaper cars than that around, autosport is about motorsport not 'exotica'.

I went on the thursday and Tbh it was a pretty boring show with nothing that interesting there. The 100 years of GP was by far the best bit i thought.

I couldn't be bothered to look at the new cars unveiled, for the most part, though thought the alfa brera was quite nice.

I think i'll leave it a few years before i bother going again.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Autosport for me this year was probably the best it's ever been. Thursday and Friday are the trade days which means there are loads of engineering type companies who pack up and leave before the public arrive at the weekend.

We picked up over a dozen companies - some of whom had been previously unknown to us - who are able to supply parts appropriate to the MR2, or are willing to work with us to develop them.

It was very good to see the MR2 Challenge Series represented on the 750MC stand - if there had been more space available then our own Mk2 race car would also have been present.

I was also interested to note that some of the bigger car clubs (like the Ford RS Club) had stands of their own. Maybe IMOC-UK could consider something like this for next year... Depends how big we get I guess!

All in all, a superb event. If we hadn't got so much work on at the moment I would have gone back on Friday as well!

Rogue
Frustrated Pilot

Post by Frustrated Pilot »

LAYDEEEEEEZ :shock: :mrgreen:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Rogue wrote:Autosport for me this year was probably the best it's ever been. Thursday and Friday are the trade days which means there are loads of engineering type companies who pack up and leave before the public arrive at the weekend.

We picked up over a dozen companies - some of whom had been previously unknown to us - who are able to supply parts appropriate to the MR2, or are willing to work with us to develop them.

It was very good to see the MR2 Challenge Series represented on the 750MC stand - if there had been more space available then our own Mk2 race car would also have been present.

I was also interested to note that some of the bigger car clubs (like the Ford RS Club) had stands of their own. Maybe IMOC-UK could consider something like this for next year... Depends how big we get I guess!

All in all, a superb event. If we hadn't got so much work on at the moment I would have gone back on Friday as well!

Rogue

Autosprout is great if you've got things to pick up, but its boring as hell if you haven't.

Think we'd be looking at around 5grand plus for a tiny stand there so its pretty unlikely tbh.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I went Sunday - the show is good if you are a company who wants to make contacts that's for sure!

I thought it 'OK' - nice Connaught stand and a few other bits and peices - my favourite stand was the Blitz/Racelogic one though and their new driftbox..boy oh boy I'm gonna get me one of those. :D

T

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”