MK2 turbo sunday 5th dec N*** PUD on m25

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

pistol supercharged pete

MK2 turbo sunday 5th dec N*** PUD on m25

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

I was in my white SC on the m25 travelling with another SC and you came along in you mk2 turbo (i think it had come from julian J-D-I), You went past i had to follow you so we had a play for a few miles

are you on here? :?:

the turbo looked nice
shame mine did not but i had just travelled from derby so it was very dirty
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Re: MK2 turbo sunday 5th dec N*** PUD on m25

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

Hey Pete

That sounds like the turbo I went and looked at about this time last year. It was in Kent and going for £6500, registered as a 96 rev4. It wasn't. At all! Luckily for me Bryan came along and steered me away from it. From what I remember, the exhaust was shot, the BOV was shot, there was a BC but no sign of a controller, used to have a roll cage as there were holes in the floor, had at somepoint fully rebuilt rear end, and, thats about it! Did a chassis check and I think it was a late 93.

I'm pretty sure it was the same one. N reg with pud as the last 3 letters.

Hope they're not on here trying to sell the car :oops:
pistol supercharged pete

hi matey

i might have been that one looked nice though with ket on it etc

like to know who it was

pete
ryan

Post by ryan »

Hi Pete,
That car was on the Kent Coast run with us this year. It was metallic blue resprayed (originally white). The bloke who bought it was sold it as a rev 3 but it was a rev 2. Think he was happy with it, though I wouldn't have been.
:cry:
shahid rashid

Post by shahid rashid »

:D Hi guy's sorry just joined this forum,that car was mine, its black, emial me, i'll send u some pic's of the full car including number plate. :P
lund

Post by lund »

Skywalker
I wish you had bought that car in Kent N*** PUD then Iwouldnt have been able too!! I never realised that you could easily falsify the date of registration documents to knock years off a cars age. Since I bought that car last year I managed to get 3 weeks use out of it before it span one of the con rod bearings and has never run properly since. Is now on its second engine rebuild this time for a cracked piston. Have also just had the turbo rebuilt and the exhaust manifold is cracked so if anyone has a rev 3 one kicking around Im interested. On a plus and there is very few plus's with this car once I reconnected the boost contoller and fixed the dump valve it went really well. Luckily I also paid alot less than 6500 but I wish I had walked away as well as it has certainly cost me a lot more since then. After I have finished this rebuild the engine should be good (Forge pistons now) My experience is testiment to never by a car with little history and at night from a lesbian looking woman with a house full of animals.
My ambition in life at the moment is to go to an MR2 meeting in an MR2!! :cry:
pistol supercharged pete

was it you i saw on the motor way matey?
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

Lund

Ah hard luck mate. I was mega lucky as I posted on the mailing list, saying I was looking at a turbo int Kent. Thank god a guy called Bryan from Kent came and had a look and just pulled it to pieces.

Well, I hope you get it sorted mate!

So are you near Kent? There's the Bluewater meet that loadsa people go to....
pistol supercharged pete

when is the next bluewater?
lund

Post by lund »

My car hasnt been on the road for months

Car is slowly being sorted have sent the head away now to have the valves lapped and reshimmed rebuiilt the bottom end this weekend so hope to get the engine back in just after new year. Then Iwill hopefully be able to go to one of the Blue Water meets as I live in Essex at the mo its not too far.

Return to “Spotted”