Zeni-Tani Biscuit Tin vs Civic Type R

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Hedgehog Dodger

Zeni-Tani Biscuit Tin vs Civic Type R

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

Driving to the missus house last night and just pottling along at 50 just before the motorway. Dunham road.......Lymm roundabout.....M56 etc etc

Coming upto the speed camera, 50, and Mr Civic comes behind me....go through the camera and he moves in the right lane and plants his foot down......hmmmmmmmm, but I let it go and just pootled at 50mph.

Come to the lights at the roundabout and I am behind a mondeo, and Mr Civic is in the right lane. Lights go green and he shoots off.....hmmmmmmmmm again I think! But no, I still tootle along.

Coming up to the slip road which is a full 360 decline onto the motorway M56 Westbound. And I see Mr Civic head towards here, doing about 60. I catch him up as he starts to turn as his FWD Rev happy motor cant take the bend as quick as me.....I have overtaken but his car is still quick on the corners (too my surprise actually) as I only just get ahead on the outside lane of the slip road....

His front bumper is on my back bumper as we come off the slip road onto an 'emptyish' M56 at about 50. And that was that for Civic boy, as soon as my foot hit the floor he was gone, I honestly thought he stopped his car and put it in reverse :lol: .......only kiddin

In about 2/3 seconds I had pulled about 10 car lengths on him and was doing 70ish. :)

I think I hit 1.4 bar, but it is set to 1 bar :oops: as I have problems with overboosting at the moment!!

MR2 POWER! :shock:
ENSMR2

Re: Zeni-Tani Biscuit Tin vs Civic Type R

Post by ENSMR2 »

Way to do it.

Isn't your turbo capable of more than 1 bar? Or have you lowered it due to weather?
Hedgehog Dodger

ENSMR2 wrote:Way to do it.

Isn't your turbo capable of more than 1 bar? Or have you lowered it due to weather?

Yes it is fella, but I have no choice :) .....I set it too 1bar, and it sometimes boosts to 1 bar and then other times to 2.5! I think my spring in the wastegate is a bit...pants...I have taken it out and it was very very rusty!

Going to order a new one once I get my new 245 on the back! :D
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

I can imagine the OH xxxx :shock: factor! Driving along think 1 bar then planting it and it pops up to 2.5!!!
stevetubbyturbo

Post by stevetubbyturbo »

Flipping hek 2.5 bar you could inflate your tyres with that.
But nice one i bet the blokes face in the Civic look something like this :shock:

Steve
Hedgehog Dodger

stevetubbyturbo wrote:Flipping hek 2.5 bar you could inflate your tyres with that.
But nice one i bet the blokes face in the Civic look something like this :shock:

Steve

Cheers fella

Not actually drivin at 2.5 bar....i think the highest its gone it 2.3(ish) then I lifted off the throttle, didnt want to break anything!

:wink:
couldnt_think_of_a_name

Post by couldnt_think_of_a_name »

hey hedgehogdoger , where abouts in manchester are you i'm near stockport, would love to have a look at your motor :D

J
Hedgehog Dodger

couldnt_think_of_a_name wrote:hey hedgehogdoger , where abouts in manchester are you i'm near stockport, would love to have a look at your motor :D

J

Sale mate, but I spend most of my time in Sutton Weaver and am very rarely home.

:)

But yeah, can show you the motor sometime :D
veilside_mr2

Post by veilside_mr2 »

bloody type r`s...ugh...sooo glad he raced you lol, he wont b racing any mr2`s again for a while.

:lol:
Hedgehog Dodger

veilside_mr2 wrote:bloody type r`s...ugh...sooo glad he raced you lol, he wont b racing any mr2`s again for a while.

:lol:

Yep....the amount of cars I pulled on him :)

Mind you, the Rabbit hatch on the back of my car gives it away that its not standard!

:wink:
couldnt_think_of_a_name

Post by couldnt_think_of_a_name »

Hedgehog Dodger wrote:
couldnt_think_of_a_name wrote:hey hedgehogdoger , where abouts in manchester are you i'm near stockport, would love to have a look at your motor :D

J

Sale mate, but I spend most of my time in Sutton Weaver and am very rarely home.

:)

But yeah, can show you the motor sometime :D

I'll take you up on that mate :D sorry to hear about the smoke though :(

j

Return to “Driving Experiences”