[Mk2] [Generic] Wheel gurus

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MRV6

[Mk2] [Generic] Wheel gurus

Post by MRV6 »

Hi, I'm looking at some new wheels. I'm going for another set of 18's, I would like the wheels to be flush with the bodywork but want the biggest dish possible. They will be custom made, so I need the correct offsets. I'm thinking 18 X 8 up front with a+ 36 offset and 18 X 10 rears with a +46 offset. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Phil.
oVerboost

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Wheel gurus

Post by oVerboost »

18x10 ET46 may give issues on the inside, but the fronts will be fine in the specs you posted. That will give you a flush fitment although ET35 is a more common measurement.

If it's any help I had 9J ET35 rears and they fitted without any issues, but I'm not sure an extra 10mm towards the inside and an extra inch width would cause that much of an issue. The US forums might be better to help on fitment, just google mr2 aggressive fitment and look for any threads.
MRV6

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Wheel gurus

Post by MRV6 »

Thanks for the reply I will do that. Forgot to mention I have tein coilovers on.

Phil.

Return to “Modifications”