www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Remove mbc to return to stock

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oddshoes
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 78

2001 Toyota MR2 Mk3 MR-S

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Remove mbc to return to stock Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi All

I recently bought a mk2 turbo (rev2 turbo) as a project been a while since I have had a turbo and been about 10 years since I have had a rev1, I want to return it it to stock it currently has a mbc and blitz bov!

Anyone got any bits or have a link to returning to stock please

Thanks

Dave[/b]
Rory

Feedback Score: 6

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hey. I think removing the mbc should be easy. Just find it and replace it with a straight piece of pipe. The stock recurculation valve may be harder to come by. I can understand removing the bov but why do you wish to remove the mbc and make it slower? How much boost is it currently running?
oddshoes
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 78

2001 Toyota MR2 Mk3 MR-S

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I bought it as a project as the head gasket has possible gone but I want to return it to a fairly stock motor as it's a rev2 turbo tin top in aircon, it also has cruise control too.

The mbc is venting to atmosphere as it has 3 ports. I want to see it stock to get it right and then take it from there
Rory

Feedback Score: 6

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[url]https://youtu.be/79uKJqxTy8s[/url]

Check this video. I’m pretty sure you just need to remove the mbc and join the 2 pipes going into it. Or better still replace with a single pipe and don’t have a join.
jimGTS

Feedback Score: 35

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

youll also need to reconnect the tvsv if its been blocked/plugged....(right hand actuator port)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: