[FINALIZED] 1996 Rev3 Turbo Tintop Import - Toms, Chargecooled, 293bhp, REDUCED

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Legit

1996 Rev3 Turbo Tintop Import - Toms, Chargecooled, 293bhp, REDUCED

Post by Legit »

Right. As much as it pains me to do so, it's come time to list my tubby for sale. I've just purchased a GT86 and can't justify keeping the tubby as an ongoing toy/project.

The car is well known on the forums and has been owned by 2 previous members, the most recent of which being Nails who has quite an extensive record of mods and DIY work that has been completed.

>Imported 2003
>Owned by me since March 2016
>Odometer is a mix of km and miles and is currently at 129k which equates to somewhere between 100-110k miles

Mods list
>ARC intake w/ new Stoney Racing silicon intake hose and clamps
>Radtec chargecooler
>Blitz BOV
>Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust
>Berk Technology decat
>MeisterR coilovers
>Correctly staggered Advan SA3R's, powdercoated in Rays Gold Matte (curbed a bit on 3/4 iirc)
->Very rare centre caps, retention nuts, coins and circlips also included (not fitted or pictured currently)
>Greddy Profec B electronic boost controller with pre-set high and low boost settings
>Defi style boost, oil pressure, oil temp gauges in a moulded housing in the centre of the dashboard
>Toms rear bumper
>Toms skirts and winglets
>Toms rear spoiler (horizontal crack on the top edge)
>Aeroware front splitter
>Yellow lower fogs
>Digital gauge for inlet temps
>New SPAL fan in rain tray (to be fitted - current one is knackered)
>Pioneer double din headunit with usb and aux in
>Pioneer 4 channel amp powering focal utopia midranges with rainbow tweeters and crossovers
>MTX 10" sub in custom MR2 specific enclosue behind the passenger seat
>TRD gearknob
>Nardi steering wheel

Important Notes
>Sat on driveway unused currently
>MOT until August 2019
>Taxed
>CT20b turbo has no play in the shaft and generates boost flawlessly
>Leather and alcantara interior seats in excellent condition
>A Man In Dandism floor mats
>Full service completed by myself 2 months ago with uprated ignition leads, new spark plugs, full fluid flush and change (brakes, chargecooler, radiator, engine and transmission fluid) and a new Pipercross filter for the ARC intake
>Good tread on tyres front and rear - rears are Hancook V12 Evos and have been amazing in my ownership
>MOT tester and I gave it a thorough inspection whilst it was on the ramp and the underseal has keep everything in good shape and it's solid, with no signs of the usual rust

Advisories
>A/C was removed by previous owner due to the radiator, etc being rotten and I have never felt the need to replace it - I love the sound too much and always have the windows down
>Handbrake cable needs tightening up but still works fine
>Horn needs to be connected for the Nardi wheel (can't find the blasted wire)
>Remote central locking works intermittently
>Toad alarm siren had to be removed as it was fubar and draining the battery, never got around to replacing it
>Could do with a wheel alignment/balancing
>Earthing on the gauges needs a look as occasionally, either the oil temp or pressure gauge will fluctuate abnormally for a short burst and then settle to normal
>The paint on several panels has oxidised quite a bit and will need paint correction/rotary polishing and/or respraying in a few places. The places that need attention are as follows
->Bootlid and spoiler
->Wheel arches and sideskirts
->Front and rear bumper
->Wing mirrors

Overall, she's been a great car to own and drive, a real testament to the quality of care of previous enthusiast owners (and myself if you excuse the oxidised paintwork!). Power delivery is great and running 1.15bar of boost (on high preset) with Nails' dyno sheets showing 293hp, I've never felt the need to hunt for more.

Price:
£4250 ONO

I will be posting better pictures once I've given the car a thorough clean inside and out, possibly this weekend.

Feel free to message me with any offers or questions and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Legit on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Rory

Re: [FINALIZED] 1996 Rev3 Turbo Tintop Import - Toms, Chargecooled, 293bhp, REDUCED

Post by Rory »

Would you consider selling those wheels separately?
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
Legit

Re: [FINALIZED] 1996 Rev3 Turbo Tintop Import - Toms, Chargecooled, 293bhp, REDUCED

Post by Legit »

Hi Rory,
I'm afraid not. I won't consider parting out the car at this stage.
Rory

Post by Rory »

No problem. Good luck with the sale
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
Nails

Post by Nails »

If I didn't have 2 kids I'd have this back straight away, spent a lot of time picking this after 2 previous mr2 turbos, and on looking after/mods. Previous owner on here was carlos99 or similar, should be able to find it in the classified as its where I got it from.

Since this in my quest to find a fun car that I can also take the kids to school in on the way to work I've had a mk2 3.2 DSG VR6 TT, a modified mk5 GTi(spur of moment purchase), and now a 4.2 V8 S4 cabby, and none of them touch the sides on specialness compared to this.

May help with the sale, the previous owner to me had the car fully repainted and I always suspected it had been lacquered, however I'm religious with cleaning and waxing so it never faded. The parts that have faded are what I had painted and fitted myself, I'm guessing they haven't been lacquered and should be able to be polished back out with a machine, keep up the wax and it should be spot on.

Good luck with the sale!
Legit

Post by Legit »

Thanks for the testimonial dude! Other than the paint fade, I've looked after her well and she's always been a blast to drive 8) I hope she ends up going to a worthy home!
Legit

Post by Legit »

Still needs a good clean inside and out but here are some more pics for all those interested.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

Having seen this car when the previous owner had it I can confirm it's a good one, however the faded paint makes it look really sad and neglected. If you spent an afternoon with a DA polisher, or paid ~£150 for a pro to do a single stage machine polish, along with some new pics then you'll probably get some/more interest
:thumleft:
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Legit

Post by Legit »

Cheers Rob, I'll see about getting it rotary polished by someone if it sits around too long.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Get that thing polished!!!!

Even a good old hand job with some rubbing compound will make it look significantly better.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

androo007 wrote:
a good old hand job

:shock: :shock: :shock:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

You know where that compounds coming from :lol:
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Hey,

Is this still available?
Legit

Post by Legit »

Hi Jonb,

Yes, the car is still available :)
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Great, can you PM me your number? I'm meant to be looking at one near you on sunday so if so I'll try and see yours too :)
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Nij

Return to “MR2s for Sale”