[Mk2] [Turbo] Radiator and restoration

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ej2_sir

[Mk2] [Turbo] Radiator and restoration

Post by ej2_sir »

Hi.
So around 10 years ago I bought a white rev 3 turbo which I loved and cherished. It was my daily driver and wanted for nothing. This was the case for around 5 years. Any way life/job etc got in the way and the old girl has sat on a drive for 4 years going green with mold as I didn't have time to sort but equally couldn't bare to sell as I love the car. So I've now made the decision it's time to restore to it's former glory! I used to read this site religiously and shared some mods etc. So it seemed the best place to start!
Anyways first job is new rad. Any recommendations? Are the eBay alloy ones any good? It's pretty difficult to find new originals.
Thanks in advance and look forward to getting back on the spanners with the old girl!!
raptor95GTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Radiator and restoration

Post by raptor95GTS »

welcome back :) Radiators are much of a muchness, just get one that is the right size from a decent supplier and pay for either std or the alloy units, there is a thread in the general section from a guy that has a shiny alloy unit. Looks pretty good and wasn't that much more than the normal radiators you get
ej2_sir

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Radiator and restoration

Post by ej2_sir »

Cheers pal I'll check it out.

Return to “Mechanical”