Super red rev2 turbo build

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

masladun

Super red rev2 turbo build

Post by masladun »

Hi everyone,

I've been owned my car for slightly over a year now and never bothered to write a build thread. However I'm planning to do something big as I can't be ar$ed to chasing fix anymore, and thought maybe it's good to monitor down my build and possibly have some advice from other owners :D

This will be my first build thread, and the first car that I started to do things on my own. The goal is to build a ultimate street machine with more bias towards handling. The final figure I'm chasing is around 450bhp whilst keep the weight close or lighter than the weight from factory so around 1250 kg.

So time for some details about my car:
I'm the 4th owner from Jan 2017, I do believe there's less owners before me but not too bothered about that. It was a 92 rev2 T-bar GTS turbo first imported in 98. Mileage is slightly under 210k KM atm and I did around 8K since I purchased. It was bone stock when I picked it up apart from a mongoose exhaust.
2 RS*R springs at rear which I think it used to have 4 but previous owner replaced the front 2 shocks due to a leak or something. The rear shocks were ruined anyway...
Unknown brand heel toe pedals looks like at least 20 yrs old.. Looks like the owner in Jap did that.
Original Blitz super sound (i.e. loud lol) BOV again looks like at least 20 yrs old.
A stupid alarm that doesn't work anyway.
A Kenwood single din HU which I dumped the second day I got the car.
A set of 15x7 ET35 square fit mille mignia rims. Made in Italy. Spent ages to find out what brand they're and please don't laugh but they actually stayed on the car for about half a year.. I genuinely hate them!

And the option extras I believe I have:
Steering fog that doesn't steers
Premium sound which is missing the subs and amps
Driver seat lumbar support and bolster adjustment, which is badly worn and in cloth...
Factory LSD. It did spin both wheels but I highly doubt if it can still locks up anymore..
T-bar. I think that's an option?
Electric power steering. well finally something in good working condition 8-[

The car has seen better days. It was in quite shitty shape when I pick it up and it still is. However it is pretty clean considering it has seeing the UK road for 20 yrs.. Anyhow, the works carried out by me so far:

New Yuasa battery. Had to push start it when I picked up.
New Genuine Nardi steering wheel
New HKB steering wheel boss imported from Japan
New D1 spec thinner quick release
Alpine cassette HU
New Pioneer 10cm speakers for rear
New copper upgraded speaker wires
New Dynamat Xlite lightweight sound deadening material
Vibe Slick 5" component speakers (Picked up from an owner as haven't decide which speakers I like and factory ones were already into 1000 pieces)
New PIAA wiper blades (Cost me a fortune :neutral: )
New Mtec C-hook brake discs with coating
New Ferodo DS2500 pads
New HKS type 0 turbo timer
Defi BF water temp, boost and oil press gauges in white. Still trying to find a oil t to match them
TRD short shifter (Do they also come with drop plates? Im missing that if so)
Fake TRD shifter
Advan SA3 17x7.5J ET37 split rims
Advan SA3R 17x9J ET38 2 pieces welded rims
Toyo T1R 215/40 17 and 235/40 17
I DO have aluminum spigot rings 8)
Apexi power intake with New Apexi filter (Shame I received it one week after brand new air filter lol)
Apexi GT exhaust
Tein superstreet coilovers with metal top mounts picked up from a member (they've seen better days.. with 2 cracked rear top mounts and a cracked spring.. But they're a temporary install anyway)
Chopped thread mazda 323 front drop links
Genuine C-one side vents (waiting for shipping from japan)
New T-bar seals (waiting for shipping from japan. Well the old ones aren't leaking water but wind noise is super loud)

Plus some random fixes and services new fluids..

Parts I lost due to my stupidity:
Pair of SA3R 17x8J ET35 with 225 45 17 RE050A
Apexi AVCR boost controller
New D1 spec carbon fibre oil catch can
Defi stepmaster Tachometer

I've had an impact during the snow last few days. Bumped onto a barrier on M5 and bent my wing, cracked my bumper and lights etc but it's still drivable. So parts ordered since then:
Import front bumper
Euro spec indicators
New fiberglass vented fenders
Leather door cards
J hook wiper arms

I still have a very long to-do list.. I'll keep update the thread and there will be a lot happening during the easter holiday. Now does anyone know how to upload pics as obviously photobucket is acting stupid...

Return to “Member Profiles”