www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 2 turbo oil pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 5

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 2 turbo oil pump Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I tried to buy a genuine oil pump for my rev 2 turbo from tcbparts but they didnt have me but they sold me what i believe is a 5sfe one instead. Paul said it would work and is actually sort of an upgrade for the rev 2 anyway.
However my engine builder has come to fit it and it wont fit directly to the block as it seems the casting in one bolt area sticks out.
Now id have thought a genuine toyota part wouldnt have bad casting so is it a case of just machining this down and it will work or is there a bigger problem here?
Im awaiting tcbparts reply as i wasnt told we would need to do any machining to make it fit.

Heres a pic of the gap.... genuine toyota gaskets also used.

https://i.imgur.com/TStQbId.png
Marty J

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I installed a 5sfe oil pump on my 3sgte rev2 turbo. I did not machine any part, it bolted straight on first time.
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 5

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

It bolts up fine but doesnt mate up at the top.
We have decided and agreed to leave the lug on in case it puts the belt out of true.
It shouldnt leak as where the oil actually is looks nice and tight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: