www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
1995 MR2 Turbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2s for Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madabout
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: 1995 MR2 Turbo Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Delete advert.

Last edited by Madabout on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
alanmr2turbo

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

A few confusing things in your Post.

You say you're selling your REV3 Turbo with a freshly Rebuilt REV2 engine

When in actual fact it's

Just a REV3 Shell with a REV1 Engine not a REV2 with just the REV3 fueling. Certainly ain't a REV3 Turbo [Shame on you]
Truzo

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yes that looks a lot like a rev 1 throttle body to me !
Madabout
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

alanmr2turbo wrote:
A few confusing things in your Post.

You say you're selling your REV3 Turbo with a freshly Rebuilt REV2 engine

When in actual fact it's

Just a REV3 Shell with a REV1 Engine not a REV2 with just the REV3 fueling. Certainly ain't a REV3 Turbo [Shame on you]

I do not take kindly to your comments as you suggest I am ripping someone off.

The car is not just a rev3 shell. It is rev3 turbo from the factory with from the factory rev3 engine management, rev3 fueling, rev3 turbo, rev3 lsd/box. All that it left the factory with. Missing the rev3 engine granted.

Regardless of all of this it is a very quick car, zero rust, lots of decent extras with good power.

If you wish to discuss further please pm me.
ilovejapcars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I must admit it not having an original rev3 engine puts me off or I'd be over it like a rash
Madabout
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ilovejapcars wrote:
I must admit it not having an original rev3 engine puts me off or I'd be over it like a rash

The engine is very strong, pulls well, sounds very nice, starts on the button. If it was the full rev3 with the engine - given the specification and how clean the mechanical work and bodywork is - the price would be higher. I have a rev4 turbo MR2 and there is not a lot to choose between the 2 of them in performance. The red one is far more aggressive with the Blitz exhaust and de-cat.
turboturner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I don't understand the disadvantage of it been a rev 2 engine if it's running all the management of the rev 3 ie no AFM etc surely there isn't much difference? I could be very wrong though.
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 5

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Actually its said the rev 3 block is weaker than the rev 2 tho others would disagree so it could be an advantage
turboturner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I have also read the same that why I was getting confused
Truzo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I think it's all because it says a rev2 block with rev 3 upgrades, When it looks like a rev 1 block with rev 3 upgrades.

The rev 1/2 are supposed to have a stronger block,
Smaller throttle body.
less lift on the valves
Higher compression.

I don't know if this will make much of a difference tho... ?

Looks a nice car anyways ! GLWS
Madabout
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Appreciate the comments. The other guy I did not take kindly to as to say it is just a rev3 shell is very wide of the mark.

To recap it is a 1995 Rev3 Turbo from the factory (paperwork to prove) with from when it left the factory Rev3 turbo engine management, Rev3 turbo 550 fueling, Rev3 turbo gearbox/LSD, Rev3 suspension, Rev3 turbo. Likewise it is rust free with photos showing the work done, a full re-spray (not that it needed as old photos will show) with lots of decent extras which at a guess are worth:

1. Freshly built rev 2 turbo engine fitted done 8k since build using all branded parts ARP bolts, cometic head gasket, ACL race shells, new valves, etc - At a guess worth 1000.
2. LSD gearbox - 500
3. Rev 3 turbo and management rebuilt CT20B turbo - 500
4. Full turbo back Blitz NUR Spec Exhaust - 200
5. TurboSmart e-boost controller - 9/10psi, 13/14psi, 17/18psi - 100
6. Grooved discs with yellow stuff pads all round - 50
7. Goodrich flexi brake hoses - 50
8. HKS lowering springs - 100
9. Rear Subframe and trailing arms, rear anti-roll bar, inlet manifold all powder-coated white - 150
10. HKS side-mount intercooler - 200
11. Alloy radiator - 100
12. HKS Blow off valve - 100
13. Good condition black leather seats - 150
14. Rogue Motorsport Rev6 Engine Lid fan kit - 200
15. Personal steering wheel with boss - 100
16. Super Advan 17' Rallye alloys - 400

So you get a rust free turbo car with all the above. Yes it doesn't have the rev3 turbo engine but if did I would not be selling for 3500. I still think the car is worth more and given I have sold a few of my other cars may just keep it. As mentioned I have a Rev4 Turbo also which has a Berk Technology exhaust, few extras thought now as JDM as the red one. Both are similar in performance, etc.

On the engine front I know the car has a Rev2 dizzy cap, Rev2 HT leads, Rev2 cam cover gasket, etc. Like I said at the start if I was selling the for top money fair enough but for the condition of the car, all the extras it could have a bog standard N/A engine in it and wouldn't be a terrible price.

What I would kindly ask is if you are not buying the car please do not post as only extends this thread unnecessarily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2s for Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: