[Mk2] [Turbo] Stock Radiator? or upgrade

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rossonza
Premium Member

[Mk2] [Turbo] Stock Radiator? or upgrade

Post by rossonza »

I pulled my AC and radiator yesterday, and the radiator itself looks fine. However i cant help but think the fans seem massively oversized and are very heavy.

Is the stock unit any good? especially with plans to up boost in the coming months? im thinking of the following 2 options, just wanted some input.

1. Upgrade radiator with an alloy unit, keep stock fans
2. Keep stock radiator and upgrade fans to spal (or equiv)

Cheers
Ross :thumleft:
pbmr2

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Stock Radiator? or upgrade

Post by pbmr2 »

Nothing really wrong with the stock setup from a cool point of view, yeah it's not the lightest of setups but if you mess with the weight right at the front then you'll need to mess with some weight at the rear to balance it out.

I find my car has loads of weight that could come out but it's the rear that needs the weight loss not the front. If anything I'm thinking of putting the spare wheel back in to rebalance the front a little more.
rossonza
Premium Member

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Stock Radiator? or upgrade

Post by rossonza »

pbmr2 wrote:Nothing really wrong with the stock setup from a cool point of view, yeah it's not the lightest of setups but if you mess with the weight right at the front then you'll need to mess with some weight at the rear to balance it out.

I find my car has loads of weight that could come out but it's the rear that needs the weight loss not the front. If anything I'm thinking of putting the spare wheel back in to rebalance the front a little more.

i was more worried about the weight of the fans!! theyre huge. the rad itself doesnt feel too heavy.

im removing the ac radiator, pipes and the pump itself. so as the pumps in the rear im hoping that balances the car up :P

If its good enough for cooling, its ~£100 i can put elsehwere so happy with that :thumleft:

Return to “Mechanical”