door mirror glass removal?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimzzr

door mirror glass removal?

Post by jimzzr »

Was going to give the door mirrors on my mk1b a spruce up. Is it possible to remove the glass, as would make re-spraying easier. If so how - tried pulling on the lower edge but seems firmly attached.

Thanks

Jim
kaiowas

Re: door mirror glass removal?

Post by kaiowas »

It can be removed but it's one of those "Close your eyes and commit" things. It's held in place by a ball and socket in the center that needs fair bit of force to dislocate it plus the 2 toothed adjusters that will just pull out and sound horrible!
jimzzr

Post by jimzzr »

kaiowas wrote:It can be removed but it's one of those "Close your eyes and commit" things. It's held in place by a ball and socket in the center that needs fair bit of force to dislocate it plus the 2 toothed adjusters that will just pull out and sound horrible!

Thanks that's really helpful. I'd already discovered what the toothed adjusters sound like Is it best to try and pull from one edge or top and bottom together. No that I know how they are intended to come apart, I can probably risk pulling a bit more!
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

I think in the past I have pulled it from the outer edge.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”