Has anyone used TCB parts? Your experience?

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bear87

Has anyone used TCB parts? Your experience?

Post by Bear87 »

Just wondering if anyone has used TCB parts?
I have been looking for rail to head injector seals recently among a few other parts and I came across this website. Parts for our cars seem to be getting harder to come by so thought i would mention these guys.
To be fair the web page is a little dated and no online option to purchase items but was so chuffed with there service over the phone and over the moon with there prices and even more impressed everything is in stock.
Only issue I had was the phone line was always busy when calling. In my industry where it's a good sign when the phone doesn't stop ringing!

Waiting for my parts to arrive now. I hope the good service doesn't stop with the royal mail

What's your experience?

(My apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything)
pistol pete

Re: Has anyone used TCB parts? Your experience?

Post by pistol pete »

Yep brilliant guys they are really helpful
Draven

Post by Draven »

From my experience they are fantastic, when i had a 2. I ordered plenty from them very knowledgeable and top service. :thumleft:
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Ordered from them quite a bit. Ive dealt with paul and trevor and always very helpful and postage is always quick.
craig

Post by craig »

Yep, another thumbs up for TCB. Very friendly service. :thumleft:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Allow at least 30 minutes to make a 'quick' phone order.

And a poor attitude if you wish to cancel an order before they've even packed it, demanding 10% back for their time.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

androo007 wrote:Allow at least 30 minutes to make a 'quick' phone order.

And a poor attitude if you wish to cancel an order before they've even packed it, demanding 10% back for their time.

Ive ordered from them probably 5 times and each time the phone was answered quickly and the order was completed within a few minutes. Id recommend emailing them first if its a big order or something your not too sure about yourself so they have done the looking up or got info you needed beforehand.
If it was engaged then id always get an apology (normally if someone was off etc).
Cant fault them for service. I cant comment on refunds as ive never needed one.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Ordered a revision 3 specific item, received a rev 2.. Phoned to rectify THEIR mistake, and was pretty much accused multiple times of lying.. Took several heated phone calls to resolve

Straight to TOYOTA from then on, would rather pay more and receive quality service.
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

Some big orders with them. Never had a issue, spent like an hour talkings cars probably why it was engaged lol

They also break cars and threw in those weird hard to get bits like bolts brackets for free.

I think you have to remember they are a small family outfit.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Used them many many times in the last 10 years, my first port of call and have never received a bad service.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

TCB are our first port of call. We've been in the game for 10years and no one even Toyota come close to their level of service.

:thumleft:
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

Some fairly mixed reviews here. I'm in a business dealing with customers and I know some people can be more understanding than others when it comes to a small family business. I've had bad dealings with toyota in the past especially when you have an import they look at you like you have drove a spaceship in and there isn't a Haynes manual for it. ](*,)
I know it's easy to get caught up taking cars with people who know what there talking about but that's the reason we are all on here!
Still really impressed with Trevor and TCB parts :thumleft:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

TCB have been great for me, I'd rather give them my business than most Toyota dealerships who are all more interested in financing you a new yaris instead of letting you buy parts for your horrible old sportscar.

There are one or two decent toyota dealers, but for 99% of things it's been easier to go to TCB honestly. I gave up trying to tell toyota parts people what car it's for and just end up using toyodiy and finding the exact partnumber needed.
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

Just a quick update I had ordered the seals Monday at 4.30pm and they arrived this morning (wednesday)
And they were correct. It's nice when it goes so Smoothly!
Now let's hope I can get her on the road! :pray:
al/c

tcb

Post by al/c »

probably the best guy,s i,ve ever dealt with for the mr2 turbo and my gt4! :thumleft: :thumleft:
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

Used them half a dozen times in the last year, helpful, great prices and fast delivery. Helpful with after sales questions.

The old school call-to-order setup may not be rapid like a slick website, but I bet they get less returns than a website. A number of times I've had questions about parts while ordering and TCB have answered these, a website often doesn't give enough detail.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Just going to chip in here myself as I've used Trevor and co for all sorts of bits over the best part of a decade or more.

I've always had top notch service to match top notch info (very useful and both time and money saving on more than one occasion) as well as easy comms, fast delivery and a really friendly 'customer interface' as the corporate business types would say.

Highly recommended by me.
stecad

Post by stecad »

Been using Trevor & Paul for my rebuild of a Mk II, Rev II 3SGTE. Couldn't believe my luck that they are just down the road from me. Called in recently - an amazing place for Toyota parts and a great team who will help with parts and good advice. The advice is from practical experience rather than what you get from the salesman at the dealer (he's probably never sat in an MR2).
10 ex 10 and always my first place to call when i'm looking for parts.
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

stecad wrote:Been using Trevor & Paul for my rebuild of a Mk II, Rev II 3SGTE. Couldn't believe my luck that they are just down the road from me. Called in recently - an amazing place for Toyota parts and a great team who will help with parts and good advice. The advice is from practical experience rather than what you get from the salesman at the dealer (he's probably never sat in an MR2).
10 ex 10 and always my first place to call when i'm looking for parts.

The things i would do to live where you are :lol:
stecad

Post by stecad »

It's not all pasties, clotted cream and sunny beaches. We get the worst of the weather first - chucked it down all weekend. Being so close to the sea it just never gets very hot (low 20s is a good day) but I only had to scrape my car twice this winter.
Summers can be a pain with tourists driving all over the place but most of the year the roads are a dream. I can safely say that after doing my time in the South East (Surrey, Sussex & Kent) and commuting the M25.
I've lived all over the UK and can say that there are lots of places just as nice.
Cornwall is a bit behind the times and most of the time that's ideal. We didn't even have a KFC when I first moved down 12 years ago. Now we have Costa, Subway, McDs, etc everywhere, so much so that pasty sales are declining. The modern world is now catching up quickly. It all depends on what you value in life. It's a hard place to earn a good living and a place is only as good as the friends you make in the area.

Return to “Trader Feedback”