www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
JAE 2017 - 31st August to 3rd September
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Past JAE Shows -> JAE 2017
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

2001 BMW M5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

...and there was me worrying it would be a quieter year! [Laughing]

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 40

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Ben wrote:
...and there was me worrying it would be a quieter year! [Laughing]

We should have around 80 for the Pig Roast on the Saturday night. Best turn out ever for that I think.

[Mr. Green]
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 36

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

We entering any of the IKO events this year? I'd be keen for a few! [Mr. Green]

My MR2 Build - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The 38 does not include any GT86 people either does it Scott?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Tiamat wrote:
The 38 does not include any GT86 people either does it Scott?

No it doesn't. We have 17 from GT86 BRZ DC to add to the total. Not a very good turnout this year for some reason. I think for those that like to stay in hotels the lack of available nearby hotels may have been an issue. IMOC have done very well however. [Smile]

Given the spiralling costs this could be the last JAE for both clubs.
2013 GT86 Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro. Tuning Developments Remap 4-1 Manifold, TD resonated exhaust, decat/overpipe, AP Racing 4 Pot front brakes. [lover]
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 36

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Lauren wrote:
Given the spiralling costs this could be the last JAE for both clubs.

Would be a real shame if that's the case and i've only been going for the last couple of years.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

JAAASH wrote:

Would be a real shame if that's the case and i've only been going for the last couple of years.

It would but the costs have now become too much. If we continue to attend it will have to be a lot cheaper. Going back four years ago it cost around 1500, now it's more like 1900. I guess unless members want to dig deep into their pockets it's just not viable.
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

We will have to look at costs cutting, such as a smaller plot, whether the club purchases its own smaller marquee and drive the cost down. I would be happy to put in some more funds towards it.
craig
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

It is getting pretty steep, JAE advance tickets in 2008 - 19 each. 2017 - 45 each!

I appreciate it's now a 4 day event, as opposed to just the weekend in 2008.

They've got you over a barrel too with a non discounted ticket price for just doing the weekend - just a one size fits all kind of thing.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 53

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Don't forget that price doesn't cover a lot of the stuff we lay on for the club members.
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

You try camping anywhere for four days / three nights for 45. With free showers, proper(ish) toilets etc. Its still a cheap event in my book.

There are some events that are charging 10+ just for the day, let alone the camping etc.

Personally I view it as a means of catching up with people, having a weekend of cars, beers and relaxation. With hog roast.
craig
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

toxo wrote:
Don't forget that price doesn't cover a lot of the stuff we lay on for the club members.

Yep, fair comment.

Tiamat wrote:
You try camping anywhere for four days / three nights for 45. With free showers, proper(ish) toilets etc. Its still a cheap event in my book.

There are some events that are charging 10+ just for the day, let alone the camping etc.

Personally I view it as a means of catching up with people, having a weekend of cars, beers and relaxation. With hog roast.

Oh I agree. But, my point was that if you're just bobbing up Sat and coming home Sunday, for 2 people it's nearly 100 for a night in a tent [Mr. Green]

Hence my "one size fits all" price tag comment.

But yeah, I agree, the social aspect is the best part, and the hoggy is the icing on the cake. [thumleft]
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Should be really good this year. I'm properly excited.

I agree with most things above. It is becoming massively expensive for those who only do 2 days but more realistic for the 4 day people. Having seen what IMOC and the GT86DC have shelled out for this year in comparison to last, the cost for the space, electricity and marquee alone have gone up by 400ish!!!

That's sadly ONLY due to the JAE organisers - not IMOC/GT86DC.

Not owning an MR2 anymore (sob, sob, lots of tears, sob, sob), being able to still attend and meet people for a great weekend is what makes this community great. Its literally one of the first holiday dates I book year in year out as I don't ever want to miss it....

....plus, I like piggy! As Craig said, "Icing on the cake"...or "Apple sauce on pig in a bun"! I even iron my shirts with a wok these days [Very Happy]

Chris
STUAW11
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Sat/Sun tickets Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm planning on coming for the day, is it correct that if you go on the Sunday you can park on the club stand? also I think I read somewhere that there's a display area for members each day?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 53

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Sat/Sun tickets Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

STUAW11 wrote:
I'm planning on coming for the day, is it correct that if you go on the Sunday you can park on the club stand? also I think I read somewhere that there's a display area for members each day?

Don't go on the Sunday. There won't be anyone there, just the shells of former people who partied too hard packing everything away
Turbo_S
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Have a good time everyone. I will pop over and say hello.
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Feedback Score: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So me n her are a bit bored so everyone now has "dinosaur" names...

1. Scott Barton - Scottasaurus Rex
2. Oukie - Oukiesaurus Rex
3. Ruth11 - Ruthasaurus Rex
4. Tiamat - Tiamattasaurus Rex
5. Laurenasaurus, Markasaurus and Indysaurus (Actual) Rex
6. JAAASH - JAAASHasaurus Rex
7. Steve Bishop - Bishopasaurus Rex
8. Nobodyasaurus Rex - sob
9. Ben - Bennysaurus Rex
10. Largie (+ wife + parents!) - Largiesaurus Rex
11 Wilkie Senior - Senior Wilkiesaurus Rex
12 Wilki - Wilkisaurus Rex
13 toxo - Toxosaurus Rex
14 Toni - Tonisaurus Rex
15. Monkeymax - Monkeymaximus Rex
16. Chr15py + bobbins - Chr15pysaurus and Chezzasaurus Rex
17. Magic Beans and Adrienne - Magic Beanasuarus and Adrienneasaurus Rex
18. Pistol Pete - Pistolpetamus Rex
19. Joe Moss + Fran Ellis - Joeasaurus and Franasaurus Rex
20. Craig & Becky - Craigasaurus and Beckysaurus Rex
21. Jaspa - Jaspasaurus Rex
22. Turbo Dragon - Simasaurus and Mishasaurus Rex
23. kaiowas - Kaiowas Rexamus
24. superredmr2 - Superredamusasurus Rex
25. Philster_D - Philster-D Rex

Sorry [Laughing]
Chris (RAAAAWWWW - I'm a T-Rex!!!)
craig
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[Laughing] [Laughing] [Laughing] [Laughing]
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 40

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ha ha! [Laughing]

Some quality names there! [Laughing] [Laughing] [Laughing]

Tiamattasaurus Rex
Pistolpetamus Rex
Simasaurus Rex
Mishasaurus Rex

[Applause]
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 14

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So I decided to do an image search for Jaspasaurus Rex, because why not.

Google decided that I must have been looking for JESUSaurus Rex, I'm not disappointed.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/134/6/4/Jesusaurus_Rex_by_CupToTheCake.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Past JAE Shows -> JAE 2017 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: