[Mk2] [Turbo] Engine fan light

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

markstevieandmads

[Mk2] [Turbo] Engine fan light

Post by markstevieandmads »

I've decided to run my intercooler fan full time by unplugging the sensor on the engine lid.

I've tapped the sensor and the unused wiring out of the way and the wiring is all insulated.

However occasionally I'm getting the engine fan light come on. The fan is still running on the intercooler and the fans work correctly and do not overheat on the normal rad.
If I turn ignition off and back on again it clears the light and it doesn't appear again . However it can appear at anytime randomly though everything seems to work as it should.

Apart from removing the bulb which is only hiding it, what else could be causing this?
Surerly if it was the unplugged connector then it would do it all the time?
kungfucop

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Engine fan light

Post by kungfucop »

Check your intercooler fan fuse. The 20A marked "VENT" in the engine fuse box. And also check the wiring harness / connector that actually plugs into the IC fan. Make sure it isn't flopping around and accidentally touching the exhaust manifold heat shield.
mr2magic

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Engine fan light

Post by mr2magic »

Also check the fan ecu. The black box in the boot to the right of the ecu. I took mine apart, cleaned everything and put it back - no more light

Return to “Electrical”