New Owner - Caribbean Blue Mk2 NA T-Bar Rev3

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Fatsterjack

New Owner - Caribbean Blue Mk2 NA T-Bar Rev3

Post by Fatsterjack »

After a relatively short search over the last 3 months or so I've taken the plunge on a 1996 Rev3 Mk2 T-Bar NA car - Caribbean Blue.

Bit of an eBay gamble but the car fitted my requirements of low mileage (80k) and with a reasonable, traceable history. £1,300 possibly well spent.

I didn't have particularly lofty expectations about what I was due to pick up this morning, car had a cheap sill weld repair to get through its MOT, radio was a bit iffy apparently and the clutch was on its way out.

When the seller turned up to pick me up at my hotel I was pleasantly surprised, car looked tidier than I thought it might and credit should be given to the seller who hadn't overplayed its condition on eBay, if anything he's underplayed it.

The car is going up on the ramp at the local garage over the next week or so and if all checks out ok with no really serious hidden issues the plan is to do a full mechanical and cosmetic restoration.

Plus points:
Good service and MOT history
Tidy interior (bar usual drivers bolster wear)
T-Bar doesn't leak (had a good test on drive home from Devon!)
OEM radio and CD - radio actually works fine - may need to source replacement CD unit.
T-Bar shades and bags present - hadn't expected this.
Tool kit present including coolant bleeding kit.
Alloys all in good nick.
Clutch, whilst having a relatively high bite point doesn't slip as seller advised it might.
All mechanicals seem in reasonable order.

Negatives:
None really compared to what I was expecting. Near side front wing has some rust on the wheel arch as advised by seller but also has some paint damage, possibly solvent damage but would have to be re-done due to rust.
Bit of a ropey sill repair but subject to ramp review lots of budget for rot repairs and paint.
Car is pretty dirty inside and out, not had any polish/wax for a while so I'm expecting to expend a fair amount of elbow grease on the cosmetics, underneath if spoiler is 'algae green'. Respray isn't out of the question.

Only other minor point is that 1 rear tire had a slow puncture so think I'll have to replace them - any recommendations welcome!
aussieGT

Re: New Owner - Caribbean Blue Mk2 NA T-Bar Rev3

Post by aussieGT »

show us ya pics!
sonic1999

Post by sonic1999 »

Sounds like a good base to start with look forward to pictures when you have polished it :D
Fatsterjack

Post by Fatsterjack »

Last edited by Fatsterjack on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fatsterjack

Post by Fatsterjack »

shinny

Post by shinny »

Nice find! :thumleft:
JD

Post by JD »

That's a smart 2. It should polish up well.
craig

Post by craig »

Nice project. :thumleft:
Fatsterjack

Post by Fatsterjack »

http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/pnbil ... sort=1&o=1

Car has indeed scrubbed up ok. Plenty of tidying up to do but nothing a few £'s and a bit of time and effort won't solve.[/url]

Return to “Member Profiles”